First day of pre-op liquid diet

Wyldblu
on 10/15/15 9:38 am

Woke up with stomach cramps and...well...in the bathroom a lot. lol. Kinda overdid the dinner last night...."Last night of real food in awhile"....dinner. Stayed home from work...and had my first protein shake. Not bad, but 10 more of those and I will loathe it. Have a feeling this is gonna be hard....

Duetoprivacy
on 10/15/15 9:42 am

It is hard, but some protein drinks are better than others. What kind do you have? The only kind I can manager are the chocolate Premier Protein. I tried some of the others and I hated them all.

You can do it. Change is the worst until it becomes the best.

Wyldblu
on 10/15/15 9:51 am

I got something called Pure Protein from Trader Joe's that my drs. office recommended and a can of Designer Whey in vanilla, because they didn't have any unflavored. I am going to go shopping this weekend for more choices...but...I remember this from when I had lap band...and it was hard then...not looking forward to this part at all.

Disneywisp85
on 10/15/15 11:05 am

im am right there with you. i purged my self with food yesterday.oops. now i feel blah! same problems. im do 14 days and today is day 1! we can do this!

Wyldblu
on 10/15/15 2:53 pm, edited 10/15/15 7:54 am

Note to self....vanilla flavored protein powder mixed into cold water is NOT delicious. In fact, it is the diametric opposite of delicious, regardless of what the directions on the can say.

Disneywisp85
on 10/15/15 3:13 pm

OH MY GOSH!!!.. if i do powder drinks i use almond milk unsweetened original.... much better than water :(

im drinking broth as we speak. the heat is helping!!!

how are you doing so far

rocky513
on 10/15/15 3:49 pm - WI

If you are a coffee drinker, vanilla protein powder mixed in your coffee makes a kind of "latte". Just remember to mix the powder with a little lukewarm water in the bottom of the cup to form a loose paste before you add the hot coffee or your protein powder will curdle and clump.

HW 270 SW 236 GW 160 CW 145 (15 pounds below goal!)

VBG Aug. 7, 1986, Revised to RNY Nov. 18, 2010

Wyldblu
on 10/15/15 4:05 pm

GREAT IDEA!!!! I will try this, on the weekend for sure!

Kiofish8
on 10/15/15 5:36 pm
VSG on 11/02/15

Oo oo ok I am on my 3rd day and so far ive actually been having fun with all the different recipes my doctor gave me to go with my protien shakes. Like this moring i had a pumpkin "latte" protien shake and it was was almost like the starbucks one. Theres soo many ideas n recipes to try on pinterest Ive looked up sooo many of them because 1 i knew that I would be on liquids for 3 week pre op and 2 i dont wanna start hating protien shakes. Just get a bunch of fun and yummy sounding extracts and it should make you "as excited as you can get" about drinking the shakes.

Wyldblu
on 10/15/15 5:42 pm

How totally funny. I am a HUGE online research nut, yet, it NEVER even occurred to me to look up recipes online DUH.

Right now, I feel really tired, hungry as, you know what, and a little headache is threatening my evening. I am going to look up some protein recipes RIGHT NOW, and go shopping on the weekend for anything else I need. Thank you SO much for that tidbit!

Most Active
Recent Topics