Cold Lasagna lovers??

Billy D.
on 10/19/15 11:06 am

Before surgery I tried quite a few different things to see if I liked them. This was one of my favorites and it is fast and super easy.

2 Tablespoons low fat or part skim Ricotta

1 to 2 teaspoons Marinara sauce..I use Victoria Marinara Sauce as it is low in sugar but you can use your own or any brand that isn't high in calories.

1 sprinkle Parmesan.

pinch Black Pepper if you like it. It doesn't need any more salt.

Just put the sauce on Ricotta and sprinkle with Parm. It really tastes like cold lasagna. It is not high in calories and it's low in fat with tiny amount of protein. But it is satisfying for such a small amount. The Ricotta I used was store brand and had 70 calories per 1/4 cup serving. So with sauce and tiny sprinkle of Parm it is still probably under 100 calories.

You can heat it up in microwave, cover it as it splatters. But I think it is much better cold or room temp. No baking and no other ingredients needed. It also travels well for those who bring stuff to work. You could probably even add a layer of pureed meat but that is extra work.

NoRegrets4Me
on 10/19/15 11:13 am
VSG on 04/21/15

I did something similar to this....I used cottage cheese and shredded moz. for added protein. It was my favorite!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 10/19/15 11:49 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Adding an egg in there to make Eggface's ricotta bake is good too.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Tracy D.
on 10/19/15 1:26 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Later on you can add crumbled up italian sausage or hamburger to the ricotta and it really does resemble lasagna :-)

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

frisco
on 10/19/15 4:33 pm

Freeform Lasagna...... Eggplant dividers !!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Billy D.
on 10/19/15 4:57 pm

I love eggplant, was wondering if I could have it because of the tiny seeds? Sounds great. I love Moussaka or at least I used to I don't think that is in the cards anytime soon. I used to buy something like these called Eggplant Rolletini? or something like that. They were stuffed with ricotta and and other cheese and rolled up with sauce on top. In Dominican Republic I had them from street vendors they twice fry them, once without anything and then they dip them in an egg and cornstarch and refry them, greasy as hell but were good. I guess you could use pam but it wouldn't be the same. I like Caponata but too much work, my grandmother came from Italy and she made that in mass quantity and put it up in mason jars. But my favorite eggplant dish is Eggplant Guisada, another Dominican food, You burn the eggplant over stove till skin is charred, peel it off and ma**** up, add about 3 eggs to it and then add oil to pan with spices and tomato sauce and then throw in the eggplant mush and cook it for about 10 minutes. They eat that everywhere when they don't have meat, they put it on top of white rice. But I just ate it plain or on bread. That I can make still later in diet, just use very little oil and the eggs add protein. They also make it without eggs but it is better with, there is link to it with photos. Thanks

http://recetaspasoapasogringa74.blogspot.com/2011/06/berenjenas-guisadas.html

Most Active
Recent Topics