Second Thoughts

Sandra F.
on 10/19/15 6:17 am

Eating definitely changes after surgery. I love love love a brazilian restaurant that is very expensive and a buffet. I feel like I can't justify the cost now, because I eat so little, but I will never regret having the surgery. I will sacrifice a million brazilian restaurants to feel better and more confident like I do now.

Dee R.
on 10/19/15 8:25 am - CA

My hubby was scared and didn't understand why I needed this surgery. He was also worried that I'd lose so much weight that I'd leave him for someone else. However, he came around and was, and has been, my biggest cheerleader!! We still go out to eat. It just gives me lunches for a few days. I LOVE that part! I have to say that we are MUCH closer now that I've lost 107 lbs!! He no longer worries about me "leaving" him, because he gets ALL my love! Hopefully, your hubby will come around too. Good Luck to you!

Tired_of_Weighting
on 10/19/15 3:20 pm

Thank you everyone for the responses! I am going to proceed. I know this is the best thing for my health. I'm "Tired of Weighting" or waiting to get this weight off...hence my OH profile name. My Mom passed away at almost my age and left my brother, Dad, and I behind. I don't want that to be me and I definitely don't want to do that to my children and husband. I want to take control of my health before I have any more weight related problems and I want to feel comfortable in my own skin with energy! I am getting nervous as the date approaches and am trying to mentally prepare myself but don't know how much you can. This liquid diet has me thinking about food like crazy and I am only on day 4. Praying this surgery goes smoothly, without complications, and I have no problems tolerating all foods in tiny portions.

psychoticparrot
on 10/19/15 7:14 pm

My husband LOVES that I got the surgery and that my health is improving steadily as my excess weight diminishes. As far as eating out, we still go out a lot. I usually order soup or something that I can take leftovers home to eat. My husband loves that as well. He calls me "a cheap date."

Your husband sounds fearful about the surgery and your safety. Eating or not eating crabs at a buffet by itself would not elicit such a strong reaction. Maybe he just needs reassurance that you'll be fine -- better than fine -- after the surgery.

As to whether you should still go through with the surgery, that's completely up to you. No one, not even your husband, should make that decision for you.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Most Active
Recent Topics