VSG Friendly Chinese Egg Foo Young with Crab or Shrimp..soft mushy and beyond stage

Billy D.
on 10/17/15 8:04 pm, edited 10/17/15 8:07 pm

VSG Friendy Chinese Egg Foo Young with Crab or Shrimp

This is for 4 servings. This is for your soft mushy stage or after only.

4 large eggs or 5 Medium eggs

1 can crabmeat or 4oz fresh crab or 4 oz of minced or ground raw shrimp or even better a combo of each.

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (leave out if you don't like it)

1/4 teaspoon onion powder

1 pinch 1/8th teaspoon white pepper if you only have black, that is fine or even both if you like it.

salt to taste

1/4 teaspoon accent, msg(optional but I like it)

1 Jar lowfat beef gravy or Brown gravy..I use Heinz

Few Drops Toasted Sesame Oil

Pam or cooking spray if you are frying it.

Beat eggs but don't foam em up, Add the well drained crab and the onion and garlic powder, white or black pepper and pinch salt and optional msg. Mix well

Heat the Low Fat Beef Gravy or Brown gravy till hot, add the drops of sesame oil..set aside and keep warm.

Spray Cooking spray on med high pan. Take a scoop of egg mixture and fry till cooked on each side, transfer to plate and finish the rest. Top each pancake with the gravy..done.

I discovered it pre-surgery when making regular egg foo young for my parents and I just left out the veggies in mine but you could probably add some soft mushy veggies to it. Normally before VSG I added cooked bean sprout, Green onion and water chestnut but stick to what what is OK on your Soft Mushy stage. Also don't overfry it you still want it soft. The pancakes keep well in fridge for a few days.

I don't know the exact calorie count, I guesstimate 150 or so, maybe someone could add it up correctly. It is fairly low on good fats and pretty good on protein...and it tastes good! I guess you could use just the whites but it will lose some taste. Nice for a change of pace, I think if you like what you are eating it is easier to stick to diet.

Chanti_
on 10/18/15 12:29 am - Canada
VSG on 09/24/15 with

This sounds awesome. I start soft foods today and I will try this later in the week. Thanks for posting.

Billy D.
on 10/18/15 7:00 am

You may want to start off with that stage with just eggs 1st to see if they agree with you. Usually one item at a time they say is better in case you don't tolerate an ingredient..thanks

LS2dv8
on 10/18/15 6:24 am

Thanks for sharing. Sounds pretty yummy!

LS2DV8

ipray
on 10/19/15 10:38 am
VSG on 11/06/14

Sounds really good, quick and easy. (Wish I knew about this when I was at the mushy stage). I work full time so quick and easy is really important. Thanks for sharing!

Chanti_
on 11/3/15 5:35 am - Canada
VSG on 09/24/15 with

So I finally tried out your recipe, after two weeks of wanting it, and it turned out great. Did it with shrimp, onion and mushrooms. Gravy turned out a bit wrong cause I added too much sesame oil I think, otherwise fantastic, thanks for posting.

Most Active
Recent Topics