3 months post op

Tricia R.
on 10/16/15 9:43 am, edited 10/16/15 9:52 am

It's been quite a journey! October 15th marked 3 months since surgery. Starring weight was 238 the day of surgery I was 220 and I am now 169 at 5'7". In extremely happy with my progress especially when the dr said my ideal body weight is 157 :) I'm starting to plateau a lot lately though. It's becoming much harder to drop weight. Does anybody have any intake on exercises to help with loose skin on stomach and arms??

Tracy D.
on 10/16/15 9:59 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

You are doing fantastic, Tricia! Great, great job

There is no exercise on the planet to "tighten up" loose skin. You can firm up the muscles beneath the skin but more than likely you grew a lot of extra skin while you were obese. Especially if you've been overweight for a long time. Once you lose the "filling" the extra skin has no where to go. It can't snap back to it's original size because it was never original in the first place. Any skin with stretch marks is permanently damaged and will never return to normal.

You can make the skin look better with dry skin brushing, massage and good moisturizing. And I would encourage you to be patient. During the first 12-18 months of maintenance your body changes a lot - the remaining fat shifts around, areas fill out that look bony, things tighten up a bit. Don't judge the final product until you've successfully maintained a goal weight for 12 months.

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Tricia R.
on 10/16/15 10:01 am

Thank you! How do you get your stats to appear under your posts?

suzyq584
on 10/16/15 2:21 pm

Holy Smokes have you lost a lot of weight in a very short time! I sure hope to follow in your footsteps!

I added my stats to my signature.

Age: 42 | Height: 5'9 | Surgery Date: 10/08/15 | Starting Weight: 279.2 | Surgery Weight: 266 | Goal Weight:165 | Current Weight: 224.8 | WL so far: 54.4 lbs

Tricia R.
on 10/16/15 4:54 pm

I have been trying to post a before and after picture but I can't seem to figure it out.

Thank you Suzy for the help and compliment! I have been at a stand still for the past week but hopefully I budge soon

Sunshine411
on 10/18/15 1:44 pm

Omg...you have done amazing! What do you eat on a normal day? How many proteins,calories,carbs? Do you still drink protein shakes? I am so thrilled for you...this is wonderful....I know you must be ecstatic I would be. I'm just four weeks out but would love to hear what your doing food wise and exercise....you have done awesome! Thanks! ?

NEVERFORSAKEN
on 6/16/16 8:28 am
VSG on 03/24/16

thats amazing! im coming to 3 months and have lost 45 lbs (6 before surgery/35 after). nevertheless it feels amazing to start shrinking! i do feel i am at a plateu now and wondered is this it  ?  will i continue to go down or is there something else i should be doing, i dont desire to eat anything really, nothing taste so great anymore (a good thing i guess), but some days i eat small things just to eat somethig and i do give in to what got me big in the first place cakes and stuff like that,  only because i cant figure out how to make sure i eat the 3 meals a day i should be eating,  is anyone eating fruits at 3 months? is there anythng else that will help to continue losing? any suggestiong for quick meals would be great, im not a cooker type a girl. 

Most Active
Recent Topics