Excited and Nervous - Surgery in 12 Days!

LS2dv8
on 10/16/15 8:08 am

Hi All

I have been lurking for a long time, and thank everyone for their advice. I am in the place like many others on going from scared to nervous. But overall I am super excited!

So crazy/silly question is there anything I need to do before the surgery to make it easier? With 12 days to go, I had planned on cleaning everything and organizing what I will be eating (drinking) post surgery. Then I had this thought, I need to get my toes done (really? not certain why thi**** me) Then I remember to breathe and thought I would ask. :)

Any tips that will make that first week go better? or anything I need to do before surgery

Thanks!

MaraFaith
on 10/16/15 9:23 am - denham springs, LA

Don't forget to do all of your pre-surgery shopping. If your doctor didn't provide your meals for the first several weeks post-op, then you need to have an arsenal of sugar-free jello, chicken broth, and anything else you think you may be able to get down. Also, definitely buy tiny cups, plates and bowls. You'll also need something to measure food with.

Definitely get your toesies done!!!! Lol.

HW:362 SW:345 CW:287 GW:170 Surgery Date: 11-11-2015 with Dr. Bellenger

Neesie57
on 10/16/15 10:38 am
VSG on 08/04/15

A pedicure is always necessary before surgery.

Get a few flavors of protein shakes, because your tastes can change after surgery. I really liked the vanilla Premier Protein shakes pre-op, but couldn't stomach them after, and now only like the chocolate. If you like peanut butter, get PB2 to add to your shakes. Walgreens has flavor enhancers just for protein shakes, like butter pecan and mint. They taste really good, and it's a little change of pace from the standard flavors.

I love MIO drops for water. Water can get boring, so adding some fruit flavor to them can make them go down easier.

I had trouble sleeping in my bed at first, so slept in my husband's recliner. If you don't have a recliner, borrow one. It may make your life easier for the first few days. Take your pain pills on time after surgery, don't try to gut it out. They're prescribed for a reason, so take them if you need them.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics