Family around you losing weight because of your diet?

Billy D.
on 10/15/15 11:00 am

Funny my mother who lives down the street has lost 4 lbs, her husband a few too. I think because of my liquid diet, they have been eating healthy soup or stew all the time. When I make the broths I take out some for me and then add the vegetables an or pasta/rice for them to have. I have been the cook for them for last 5 years or so. I guess it is a good side effect. My three little beggar dogs who are so used to me giving them something are also gonna lose weight . I never realized before how much but I would always give in to them and my parrot's whining, screeching, and crying for whatever I was eating. They are all a little overweight except the bird. They don't beg at meal time now ..they aren't yogurt or protein shake fans. They hate the diet part but love all the walks I am taking them on.

nursebonnie
on 10/15/15 11:51 am
VSG on 08/19/14

Yes, since I am the cook in the family my husband lost 30 pounds over the course of about 6 months. We, of course, attribute this to the change in the way and amounts I cook. We eat protein and not a lot of carbs. I like many more veggies than he does.

AngloAm
on 10/15/15 1:00 pm

DH has - he's supported me by eating smaller portions and fewer carbs. After a year and more of that he can't handle the portions he used to eat.

SLEEVED 21 May 14 with Dr. B. Greene. Max weight 470 lifetime; 395 pre-op; goal weight 190. Current weight 217; 178 lost so far, 27 to go and keep off.

Neesie57
on 10/15/15 4:49 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

My DH decided that he would go on a low carb diet when I started my pre-op diet. He said that we needed to do this together, so we can live the best life we can when he retires in a few years. He has lost 15-20 pounds, and feels so much better. His support has been the best part of having this surgery. We are changing our lives together and plan on living for many years, traveling and having fun.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

Sandra F.
on 10/16/15 6:10 am

My husband has the opposite problem. He eats all of my leftovers, so he has gained and blaming me, LOL.

Most Active
Recent Topics