What part of your body lost the weight 1st?

zann50
on 10/17/15 3:03 am

This same question came up amongst post ops while we were waiting for a support group to start.

All agreed, the belly is the last to go. In my youth, it came off first and my thighs and rear were last.

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/15 5:10 am
VSG on 08/15/15 with

I've been lucky so far and have not lost any in the boob area, but inches around are down from losing the back fat. Yay! My face and waist were definitely the most noticeable..... I lost 10 inches off my waist the first month, and another 4 inches in month 2.

Dan1962
on 10/17/15 5:18 am - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

Measure yourself so there is no guess work. It is really interesting once your start. It also helps for those times when the scale is slow to move but you find you have lost an inch off the waist or hips. My weigh came off the stomach, chest and hips first.

MAchick
on 10/17/15 6:27 am
VSG on 01/27/14

First place I always lode weight is in my upper adomen, right below my chest. My face also lost pretty quickly! My stomach is still there lol.

jamrodriguez
on 10/17/15 10:53 am

I've lost 88 lbs so far and I see very little change in my belly so far. But I swear I lost 2 cups sizes in my boobs overnight. Very annoying. My lower half has always been about 2 sizes smaller than my upper half, but I definitely noticed my thighs and lower abdomen shrinking very quickly, and my pants sizes going down very rapidly in the beginning. I've gone from a size 22 to a size 16 pants... but from a size 28 to a size 24 in tops/dresses. Arms and face became noticeably different at about 50-60 lbs. But I still have a lot to go all over.

Billy D.
on 10/17/15 2:31 pm

88 lbs! I'm sure your belly is smaller you just don't see it, how could it not be with that much weight lost. My sympathies for your boobs, maybe they will grow back? lol.

jamrodriguez
on 10/18/15 10:37 am

It's just more motivation to get to goal and maintenance so I can get my breast augmentation. ?

texasbumpkin
on 10/17/15 12:50 pm, edited 10/17/15 5:51 am
VSG on 10/06/15

My boobs. I have dropped a cup size in 10 days. D to a C......hoping I do not loose anymore there. :)

Tracy D.
on 10/19/15 6:07 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Most people lose weight the exact opposite of how they put it on. We tend to lose weight distally (from the extremities inward) and we put it on proximally (from the inside out to the extremities).

Hence, when you're gaining weight the last place you notice it is in your feet, hands, etc. You can gain a LOT of weight before your rings stop fitting. But when you lose it that's the first place you - and everyone else - notices it. Have you ever heard people say, "Oh yeah, I can really see it in your face". LOL!

Sounds like you're off to a great start - keep up the great work!

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Billy D.
on 10/19/15 6:40 am

Yep, that sounds about right. My finger and my feet and face seem to be the places to be going first, I'm down to my last chin already!! lol. I am pretty luck as my weight is pretty much distributed evenly , I was thin all my life, in fact underweight till my 30's...not till I hit 40 did I really gain it after an accident , and it was really fast over 100 lbs in 14 months and then another 60 that following year. The now 14 lbs I've lost since the 7th does show but not so much in stomach. Thanks! Billy

Most Active
Recent Topics