What part of your body lost the weight 1st?

Billy D.
on 10/16/15 6:18 pm

I guess it probably is different for men and women but I have lost 12 lbs in 9 days and my man boobs are smaller, and my face looks a tiny bit thinner. Stomach, which is probably where I carry most of my weight is really not noticeable to me but my mother says it's a little flatter. The pants are falling off now without belt.

(deactivated member)
on 10/16/15 6:31 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

My husband always carried most of his weight in his torso, and his belly has definitely shrunk, but he lost first in his face and shoulders, and he lost the "hunchback" hump of fat he used to have on his back below his neck.

Personally, I've lost more in my butt than anywhere else...as the hubby said dejectedly the other day while looking at some old pics of us on Facebook, "bye bye big bouncy booty."

Kiwideb
on 10/16/15 6:52 pm
VSG on 01/19/15

Face and neck and thighs, then chest and butt. Belly is being the most stubborn

Neesie57
on 10/16/15 7:41 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

Face and neck was the first noticeable loss, especially the fat pads I had at the base of my neck, they disappeared quickly. After that, it was arms and boobs (sadly). My stomach looks better, but it has a long way to go.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

tinacristina
on 10/16/15 8:54 pm

My surgery was 9 days ago too. I can see it in my leggs, arms and face. My stomach is still swollen and bruised from surgery so I'm sure that will be a bit still.

psychoticparrot
on 10/16/15 9:46 pm

Thighs, rear end, and hips lost weight the fastest, which surprised me because that's where my weight normally settles and is hard to budge. The abdominal fat, which was the latest addition is coming off very slowly. Odd but still good.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Neesie57
on 10/17/15 11:50 am
VSG on 08/04/15

I've always carried most of my weight in my belly, which is actually the worst type of fat to have. It's the slowest to come off. I can't wait until the day that my stomach sticks out less than my breasts.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

Minkey
on 10/16/15 9:53 pm

I think the face and feet are usually the first to shrink on most people. I'm lucky to have my stomach going down. I was so excited the other day because I could put my car seat up straight and still not have my belly hang over the steering wheel! Just celebrate anything that is getting baggy!!!

mickeymantle
on 10/16/15 10:27 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

boobs first belly last

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

(deactivated member)
on 10/16/15 10:29 pm
VSG on 07/27/15

The boobs. I think nearly all of my 70lbs lost must have come from my boobs. hahhahahah

Most Active
Recent Topics