New Sleever

(deactivated member)
on 10/16/15 5:31 pm

Hello all! i was sleeved on 9/28/15 and have just found this board. So i'm almost starting my 4th week post op and i'm on pureed foods and so far i'm doing good. I'm able to tolerate everything i've tried however i dunno if i'm doing a no-no. For example tonight i made a rotisserie chicken and i took a piece of the breast meat. i did not puree it, instead i chewed it until it was like it was pureed and then swallowed. Is this ok to do or should i wait for the soft food phase to eat like this? then there's coffee... would it be ok for me to try a few sips of coffee at 4 weeks out? i really dislike decaf so that isn't an option, i'd rather wait and not drin****il i can have regular coffee. looking forward to all feedback!

Minkey
on 10/16/15 10:00 pm

How did your stomach react to the chicken? If it didn't cramp or hurt, it will probably be okay - just don't make a habit of it!! Coffee will always be a no-no. Caffeine robs the body of fluids which is not a good thing. Some people get dehydrated and end up back in the hospital to get IV fluids. Try to find a substitute that does not contain caffeine, like decaffeinated tea. Hang in there!!

Wanda1118
on 10/17/15 6:50 am
VSG on 07/09/14

I have been drinking regular coffee since about 1 week post op but I stick to a max of 2 cups a day...I can only get 1 cup down in the morning and maybe another one mid morning. I can't remember when I was allowed to eat chicken but it's standard to eat til you pulverize your food from now on.

texasbumpkin
on 10/17/15 1:00 pm
VSG on 10/06/15

II too was a lover of coffee( I'm a nurse and live on the stuff), but my surgeon told me that she did not suggest regular coffee not just because it has a mild diuretic effect, but becaurse our stomachs have been changed and the blood flow has also been changed due to the surgery, there is a higher risk of ulcers due to the caffiene irritating the lining of the stomach. I have changed to decaf and you will get used to it.

sds0029
on 10/17/15 1:39 pm
VSG on 01/19/15 with

I drink coffee and have since my surgery. I followed the rules for whatever stage I was in. Wish you the best

-Flo-
on 10/17/15 5:14 pm
DS on 04/11/16

I was never told I couldn't have coffee. I'm drinking a cup right now.

Most Active
Recent Topics