Wondering when the Restriction kicks in?

FuturePinUp
on 10/15/15 1:54 pm

I started to get the feeling of "fullness" about 4 weeks post-op, and I do experience a fullness feeling, without getting at all sick and very similar to the fullness felt pre-op (but with a lot, lot less food). I measure and weigh everything to make sure I don't go over my allowed 3-4 oz per meal, but yeah fullness is definitely there.

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

Donna L.
on 10/15/15 8:02 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

I am starting to have restriction 15 weeks out. It is hideously uncomfortable and you will want to stop eating long before it happens. It feels like a bizarre strange pressure that is worse than being painful. It lasts for quite some time with solid foods. I accidently found this out when I was too lazy to measure... boy, I'll never make that mistake again! I actually hiccup or get a runny nose (weird) when I'm full now, long before restriction sets in. I assume it's due to the vagus nerve being stimulated.

I actually could probably drink while eating, since I've tolerated soups with solids okay. That said, I do my best to avoid it because I hate throwing up with a passion. I'm also doing my best to not eat around the sleeve. I'm terrified of falling into old and bad habits.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

jamrodriguez
on 10/15/15 11:15 pm

I started feeling the restriction around 5 weeks. But the full feeling I get now is totally different from the full feeling I got before. I think for most of us here, what we interpreted as "full" was often actually overstuffing our normal sized stomachs. But you will never feel that same way ever again because the moment you have one bite too many of dense protein, it's extremely uncomfortable. And it lasts for about an hour, if not longer. It will definitely teach you a lesson about measuring your food, though.

Most Active
Recent Topics