Update - 6 Days Post Op

Billy D.
on 10/14/15 11:36 am

I had my surgery the day before you. I stopped my hydrocodone 4 days out because I also was constipated, although it did not feel like it and wasn't feeling the binded up feeling. It was day 6 for me when I finally had bowel movement,, a rather dissappointing little one but since then have been back to normal. Sleep is still difficult and last night started the weird phlegm stuff coming up which is normal they say but in no ways comfortable. I haven't had any problems walking a mile a day. it just takes me longer. I am not feeling hungry but also not feeling restriction. I can eat anything on my list...boring but that's life. I am down 9 lbs since surgery and 10 from the pre-op diet..my Pre-op was two weeks but I did 3 weeks to get my liver shrunk as much as possible. So 19 lbs altogethor..beat ya by a pound..lol. Glad to see you are progressing. Good luck!

suzyq584
on 10/14/15 8:45 pm

Being an over-doer...I had to take the constipation a step further today. Horrible, horrible afternoon fighting impaction. I'll end the story there!

I'm going to sleep in my bed tonight since the pain has let up enough I think. SO looking forward to it. The recliner and couch are getting quite old.

If I get a good night sleep, I'm going to get up early and go for a walk before it gets too hot. I miss it.

Good for you on your weight loss!!

Age: 42 | Height: 5'9 | Surgery Date: 10/08/15 | Starting Weight: 279.2 | Surgery Weight: 266 | Goal Weight:165 | Current Weight: 224.8 | WL so far: 54.4 lbs

msecanales
on 10/14/15 2:06 pm

Well, now I am a little nervous after reading this. I am only able to take 1 week off work for this surgery/recovery. I'm glad you are updating though.. that way I can see what reality is...

suzyq584
on 10/14/15 8:47 pm

I wouldn't worry too much just yet. On Monday I was feeling like I could have gone back to work. I just had a minor setback today that was actually unrelated to the surgery itself. More related to the pain killers and lack of fiber.

Age: 42 | Height: 5'9 | Surgery Date: 10/08/15 | Starting Weight: 279.2 | Surgery Weight: 266 | Goal Weight:165 | Current Weight: 224.8 | WL so far: 54.4 lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics