So scared right now; something is wrong!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 10/13/15 9:08 am
RNY on 08/05/19

If you're in serious pain, don't send an email and twiddle your thumbs. Call the doctor's office and speak to the answering service. If it's nothing, you sound silly at worst.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Luisa728
on 10/13/15 6:02 pm

I've had the same pain ever since I got out of surgery. Once I was home it went away for a while but then the sharp pains would come back with a vengeance & then gone again a few days later. That's what's happening now I was feeling great after my workout (just walked for 2 miles at a 2.5 speed on the treadmill). I went to get off the couch & there was the pain again so intense that I started crying. I could move or stand up straight that was yesterday. At this very moment the area feels tight but I'm not in any pain. So it's an on going pain that comes & goes. My nurse had told me like a week & a hal*****hat there was no need to go to the ER. That it was a spasm & that I would be in a lot of pain. However, she said that its unusual for that pain after surgery but some people have reported pains like mine. Right now I'm just trying to take it easy like the pain subsided.

happyteacher
on 10/13/15 4:51 pm

How are you doing now?

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Luisa728
on 10/13/15 6:14 pm

Thankfully I'm feeling better right now but I was in intense pain all day. I've been icing & using a heating pad to see if it help. The heating pad helped the ice only made it worse. :(

Zerelee
on 10/13/15 10:13 pm

I had open gastric bypass in 2002. Back then it was still undecided and surgeon preference if you got lapriscopic.

My surgeon wanted to see all my insides, so my incision was from just under my sternum and down to my belly button. He cut through muscle. That hurt and is slower to heal.

Most Active
Recent Topics