Coffee Protein Shakes..Chike

Billy D.
on 10/14/15 6:55 am

I see a lot of posts here about Chike the coffee protein shake. Since I just went on full liquids I am gonna hold off on any caffeine till later when sleeve is healed up better. I was just wondering if they are thick or thin like real Iced Coffee. They are on sale near me and want to grab some for later. Thanks

Bufflehead
on 10/14/15 10:21 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

If you use two scoops as called for, they are more on the thick side -- not like a Frappuccino or anything though! Much thinner than that! I usually just use one scoop of Chike because it is relatively high calorie and high carb. Made with one scoop, it is much thinner.

Billy D.
on 10/14/15 11:24 am

I didn't notice the carbs, I l was busy looking at the sugar which is two grams. 9 grams of carbs doesn't seem too bad especially when they aren't sugar carbs, if I were back on Atkins it would have been half a days worth. But at 130 calories for two scoops, it really sounds good. I'll just thin mine down with less...I can't wait to try it. Before surgery I was experimenting with Coffee and plain whey protein isolate, it wasn't bad but I'd rather use a product that is already mixed ...Thanks again!

Bufflehead
on 10/14/15 11:57 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

If you are allowed to use it, a couple of teaspoons of instant coffee added to your coffee protein powder is a great way to bump up the flavor (I love coffee!). I will also add it to chocolate protein powder for mocha, to vanilla for a vanilla latte protein shake, etc.

ocean4dlm
on 10/14/15 1:30 pm - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

I know many people like Chike but I find it to be too sweet, and a trigger for me to crave carbs and sugar. It may not have the same effect on you.

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

Billy D.
on 10/14/15 2:01 pm

Oh...I will be watering it down then as I can't take anymore sweet stuff.

Valerie G.
on 10/16/15 10:25 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Chike doesn't have as much protein as other brands, but if you like an iced coffee drink, try a vanilla protein drink with the Maxwell House squirty stuff added. It was a game-changer for me

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Billy D.
on 10/16/15 5:20 pm

Thanks for reminding me...I actually have that and forgot all about it. I had bought the regular and the Vanilla...don't buy the vanilla it is weird tasting. I'm going to try that for breakfast tomorrow. Thanks again!

Most Active
Recent Topics