Anyone like Baby Food?

Billy D.
on 10/13/15 4:27 pm

I like the Gerbers Apple Prune sauce..I water it down. It seemed to help with constipation. Before surgery I tried a lot of different ones and I really felt bad after for those poor babies that have to eat some of this stuff as most of it was pretty gross. I did find something I really liked and they are called Gerbers L'il Sticks Chicken.. They look and taste like Vienna sausage in the can only without the bad stuff like sodium and preservatives..they are made with Chicken and Whey protein are relatively low in fat, calories and high in protein. I am saving them for the later stages of diet. I think they would go great with beans!

Anyone got any suggestions?

happycampertoo
on 10/13/15 6:47 pm
VSG on 04/06/15

Funny, this evening I was babysitting my grandson and he was snacking on Gerber Graduates Lil' Crunchies which are Cheeto-like snacks (these were apple and sweet potato flavored). I popped one in my mouth and enjoyed it. AND the serving was for 16 pieces, only 35 calories, 5 carbs and less than 1g of sugar. Obviously not something I will make a habit of, but not much guilt tonight. Yea!

psychoticparrot
on 10/14/15 5:04 am

I thought I could sail through the pureed stage by using baby food. Yeeecccchhhhhh! "Pretty gross" describes it perfectly. And when you're still a little queasy from surgery, it tastes even worse. I gave up on it after a few days and switched to homemade purees. Not gourmet fare, to be sure, but even my worst attempts tasted better than baby food.

So my suggestion is: Don't eat baby food unless your taste buds are encased in armor.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Most Active
Recent Topics