How often you weigh & Your fave foods on each part of your diet?

FuturePinUp
on 10/5/15 8:53 am

I weigh myself once every 3 days, to see how I'm doing, but only have it "count" (ie. track it and document it) once a week. I always make sure to weigh myself at the same time of day, and under the same conditions (every Wednesday, when I wake up - after I bush my teeth, wash my face, and put on a bra and undies).

I also had like a 4 day recovery period. By Day 3, I was completely off pain meds, and on Day 7 post-op, I went back to work without any issues.

My diet was also very unique in that I was accelerated to mushy solids in the hospital, so I didn't really have a liquid phase of my diet, except for the 2-week pre-op one. I loved having tuna salads, the ricotta bake, etc.

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

catwoman7
on 10/5/15 9:38 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I weigh myself daily, but I only record my weight once a week. But then, I'm not one who tends to get worried about bumps along the road (stalls and slight gains). If I was, then I definitely wouldn't weigh myself daily.

Early out I liked pureed omelets, Eggface's Ricotta Bake, hummus (I'd just eat it with a baby spoon), Greek yogurt. I also made a version of spanakopita without the phyllo dough and pureed it (spinach, eggs, ricotta or cottage cheese, feta).

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Starlene02
on 10/5/15 9:55 pm
VSG on 11/11/15

Maybe its just because I'm preop still and can still have what I want but pureed anything sounds very unappetizing to me! I guess I better get use to the idea.

psychoticparrot
on 10/5/15 5:06 pm

After surgery, I didn't weigh myself at all until I was 7 weeks post-op. Frankly, I was too sick with complications to care that my weight was dropping. That was back in Feb./March. Since then, I weigh myself every two weeks or so. "Scale Disease" can occur if you get too fixated on what the scale is telling you every day. One exception -- If I've eaten something I shouldn't have or have had a few days of consistent overeating by even a little, I get on the scale daily until I see the numbers start to drop. Once I've gotten over the bad spell, then I go back to every two weeks.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

happyteacher
on 10/5/15 5:10 pm

I weigh a few times per week. Dairy products tended to be a perinneal favorite- cheese, ff milk, yogurt in particular. Seafood also became a surprise new love. I like beef even less than I did before though.

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Starlene02
on 10/5/15 9:58 pm
VSG on 11/11/15

I am no fan of yogurt (it tastes like spoiled milk to me) or of seafood! I do know that your taste changes after surgery so I guess we'll see. Thanks for the suggestions.

Tracy S.
on 10/7/15 2:47 pm

Fat free or sugar free pudding was my thing..I did yogurt for a few weeks and now I can't even look at it...haha.

INgirl
on 10/5/15 5:28 pm

Constantly post op till goal, then every few days.. now once a month at the same point in my cycle.. I tend to hold water, and I get very wrapped up in the scale, so I started only the once a month and jeans-fit method a while back. I also no longer track food/cals as I started eating more if I hadn't "used up" my avail calories! I do track my behaviours daily though- whether I've eaten well, eaten out of cravings/habit, gone crazy with carbo-heavy meals, etc.. tracking my behaviours vs day-to-day calorie/weight fluctuations seems to be a better method for me.. more normal and freeing.

Dibaby45
on 10/10/15 8:38 pm

I'm weighing every day. Always in the morning. This is my second WLS surgery (revised from Lap-Band). Every time I fail after losing weight and gain it back is because I was not being accountable to myself. I was in complete denial as to how much I was gaining back. This time I am NOT going to have that happen. I will weight in daily for the rest of my life. I did flip out at first when the first stall hit but I get it now how my body is working. I REFUSE to be a failure this time. Everyone I know is waiting for me to fail once again and I will not let that happen. You just need to find what works for you and what will work for maintenance. Good luck.

My favorite food is chili by far. I'm practically surviving on it. I just don't feel like eating anything to be honest.

Surgeon: Dr. Heydari. Lap-Band to RNY bypass. Surgery June 23, 2015.

Starlene02
on 10/16/15 6:18 pm
VSG on 11/11/15

I love your determination! I'm going to try to hold on to that throughout my journey as well. Thanks for your input.

Most Active
Recent Topics