Got my surgery date...and I am really nervous...

Wyldblu
on 10/6/15 6:39 pm

I know I need this surgery...I know I cannot do this on my own. However, I am really nervous about the idea of removing almost my entire stomach! I am not sure how to wrap my mind around this to make it feel better, but I am just feeling a little lost at the moment...

Wyldblu

Tiki3211
on 10/6/15 7:26 pm

Everyone goes though the same feelings prior to surgery. I am 8 days out of surgery and I do not regret it one bit. There are hurdles, but it will be worth it. Just remember, start walking asap. The nurses had me walking the afternoon after my surgery....it helps with the gas too. Good luck to you.

Wendi74
on 10/6/15 11:44 pm
VSG on 10/14/15

I understand how you are feeling. I am one week away from my surgery date and I know I will be nervous right up until I go in. Best of luck!

Laura R.
on 10/7/15 5:16 am

I just had my surgery on Monday! I felt everything your feeling. I was so scared. It's hard to not know what to expect. I am getting released from the hospital day. Yesterday (day2) was very hard I couldn't keep anything down without feeling nausiated. But today I am feeling much better! I got up and walked a lot even when I was in pain. I think that has helped. I am anxious for the next couple of weeks to pass. But it's already day 3. Going by quick! Good luck on your surgery. Remember that your in a great position to help yourself and it will all be worth it!! Take Care, Laura

Sandra F.
on 10/7/15 5:54 am

I have never been so terrified as when they wheeled me into the OR for surgery. But I do not regret it for a moment. Good luck to you!

GoBlueGirl1998
on 10/7/15 9:20 am - MI

I felt the same way, I got overwhelmed and thought I could do it myself! I looked back at my history and sure I can lose but I could never maintain. This surgery has been a great gift to me!! Your life is going to change for the better very soon! Good luck and try to relax (I know easier said than done).

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

Tracy S.
on 10/7/15 3:23 pm

Share your feelings with your doctor. I asked mine to not let me wait on the day of the surgery...to get me in, sign the release and knock my arse out! He did just that...woke up with hardly any pain and have been doing amazing since. It's scary as anything...I have 4 kids and 2 grandkids I want to see for a LOT longer than now. I hated doing it but now that I'm healthier I'll be around a lot longer to enjoy them. Keep calm and ROCK THIS! We are all here for you! Soon it will be a distant memory and you'll feel healthier and happier!

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 10/7/15 4:36 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Once I decided to have a VSG, I was full steam ahead. Nothing could stop me, not even the fear of going under the knife.

But having second thoughts is very common. All I can tell you is that my health has improved tremendously, and it's the surgery I have to thank for it. If I hadn't, I'd still be over 400 lbs, taking pain meds and anti-inflammatories daily just so I could function.

Altering your body permanently is an overwhelming idea, but the benefits outweigh the thoughts you're now having. It's so worth it.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Most Active
Recent Topics