My surgery date is scheduled! Woohoo!

CoachLisaC
on 10/12/15 1:49 pm

I am sleeved and I am home! woohoo! It was tough like the doctors office said. After surgery, it was very difficult to move. I was awoken by pain and was given pain meds. I learned that it was very important to sip. I could only sip water after surgery. I was given a protein shake the next morning along with water. I was in the hospital overnight and I was released at 1pm the following day. Of course the first thing I did when I got home was weigh myself. I think I'm the only person that can have 75% of their stomach removed and drink water for day and still not lose a pound! (I know its the effects of the surgery but I was hoping for at least a pound to be gone!) The following 24 hours was a learning experience. I was warned to keep up with the specific diet given to me by my doctor for the first two weeks. I was warned that if I didn't follow it, I would become dehydrated. I've been very vigilant in following the liquid diet. I have also been sleeping a lot. Today, I am starting to feel like myself again and decided to catch up on email, school, work and everything else. So the journey begins and so far so good!

suzyq584
on 10/12/15 4:27 pm

Yay for you!! So happy things seem to be going well for you!

I'm doing well also but just got off the phone with my surgeon because I'm still feeling a lot of pain on my left side and was afraid I had ripped something trying to get out of bed this morning. He said that is sounds normal because it is near my largest incision where he pulled out my stomach and added stitches to prevent a hernia.

I've been trying to wean off the pain meds but I decided after today and all the pain, that I'm just not ready yet. This is no time for me to me tough!

I am strictly following the liquid diet too. I'm afraid of leaks and/or becoming dehydrated so that keeps me perfectly on track. I have found it pretty easy to stay on track. It might become harder as I start to feel better but so far, so good!

Age: 42 | Height: 5'9 | Surgery Date: 10/08/15 | Starting Weight: 279.2 | Surgery Weight: 266 | Goal Weight:165 | Current Weight: 224.8 | WL so far: 54.4 lbs

CoachLisaC
on 10/14/15 3:06 pm

I'm glad to hear you're doing well (and that nothing tore)! I agree - this is no time for you to be tough. Take the pain meds - you need to manage your pain in order to heal.

Today is the first day that I thought I felt hungry (?). So I drank more of my protein shake and had some jello. This is going to take a long time to get used to but I already feel better. I'm coughing a lot which is strange. I think its my allergies. But all in all, I feel the same about it being easy to stay on track. I was so organized before my surgery that I made a chart so I can check off which vitamins I took in the morning and afternoon as well as the diet the doctor gave me for the first two weeks. It helps. I have so many other things going on, it helps me to remember if I've taken my Flintstones :-)

suzyq584
on 10/15/15 12:38 pm

I hear ya! I'm writing everything down since there is so much to keep track of. Maybe I'll work on a chart type thing too. Great idea!

Age: 42 | Height: 5'9 | Surgery Date: 10/08/15 | Starting Weight: 279.2 | Surgery Weight: 266 | Goal Weight:165 | Current Weight: 224.8 | WL so far: 54.4 lbs

CoachLisaC
on 10/15/15 12:57 pm

Its an excel chart and I check off everything I need for the day (vitamins, water, protein shakes). I'd be happy to send you a copy of mine if you think it will help.

suzyq584
on 10/15/15 1:02 pm

That'd be great! My email address is [email protected]

Thanks!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics