2 week liquid pre op diet

Wendi74
on 9/30/15 10:49 pm
VSG on 10/14/15

Ok I started today and did not do great.  Can I get advice from anyone who has gone through it?  Struggling. 

lbmoore0
on 10/1/15 5:10 am

Water, water, and more water!  When you feel hungry drink water, take a walk, do anything to distract yourself.  It is hard but it honestly gets easier every day.  Keep your goal in sight and focus on the reason you've made the decision to go down this path.  It will be over soon and it will nothing more than a memory before you know it!  Best of luck!  You'll do just fine!

Ready2goNOW
on 9/30/15 10:43 pm, edited 9/30/15 10:45 pm

Hi!

I am on day 4 of mine. Most folks say the 1st 3 days are the worst, but I was fine Monday & Tuesday. Yesterday was a little harder...I don't know why.

I drank half a protein shake when the hunger pangs overwhelmed me and/or took a nap. I am avoiding TV commercials...too much food and also staying out of the kitchen when my family is cooking.

It is not something for the faint of heart...that is for sure!

I am also peeing like crazy...ugh!

Anyhow, best of luck...always good to know you're not alone!

Kathy

onthepathnow
on 10/1/15 6:45 am
VSG on 10/14/15

I started mine the same day. I feel your pain. This is tough stuff. I still have to cook for my kids, and that's the hardest part for me. I keep reminding myself that this too shall pass :)

VSG: 10/14/15 | Height: 5'8 | Starting weight: 281 | Surgery Weight: 271 | Goal Weight: 160 | Current Weight: 224| total weight loss: 57lbs

suzyq584
on 10/1/15 8:27 am

I am on day 8 of my 2 week liquid diet.  Surgery 1 week from today! 

I can only tell you that I HATE this stage of the journey.  I have been struggling for the last couple of days.  I finally vented about my frustration and received so much good advice and support from everyone here!  I invite you over to read it at Poor Me! and hopefully it helps you as much as it did me.

Keep going...they promise it will be worth it in the end!!

Age: 42 | Height: 5'9 | Surgery Date: 10/08/15 | Starting Weight: 279.2 | Surgery Weight: 266 | Goal Weight:165 | Current Weight: 224.8 | WL so far: 54.4 lbs

FuturePinUp
on 10/1/15 1:19 pm

Focus on the end goal! What really helped me is knowing that this was the worst part of the diet. I was actually able to eat a lot more variety post-op than during two weeks of liquids. Also, it helped thinking about how 2 weeks was really nothing, in the grand scheme of things. I also kept the thought that this was what my surgeon wanted, and the last thing I want is to disobey his orders and have them refuse to operate on me, and postpone my surgery, or God forbid, something go wrong because I couldn't control myself for two weeks.

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

Steven S.
on 10/2/15 1:20 pm - Houston, TX

I know it's hard now but looking back I don't even think about it. I was struggling with hunger pains so I asked if I could sub one shake a day for 4oz chicken breast. My nutritionist approved and I was good to go! Sugar free popsicles, v8, and chicken broth helped quite a bit.

catwoman7
on 10/2/15 1:29 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

I ate tons of sugar free Jello even though I normally wouldn't touch it with a 10-foot pole. But it made me feel like I was actually eating something since it was (fairly) solid.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

Most Active
Recent Topics