Any Disney Fanatics out there? Or people with good theme park advice?

Hkinzfnp
on 9/30/15 1:08 pm

Hello everyone!

I am about 5 weeks out from surgery and leaving for Florida in 2 1/2 weeks.  By the time we leave I'll have advanced to the final diet stage.  I would love to hear any great suggestions on where and what to eat at Disney parks?  We are staying in a Villa that my parents have so I can also buy and refrigerate some of my own stuff.  I'm hoping to find a place down there to buy protein shakes for breakfast to get the day off to a good start.

i would welcome any advice!  Food is a big part of my family's life when vacationing so I want to get it right in terms of staying on track after surgery!

Neesie57
on 9/30/15 1:42 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

We love Disneyland, in fact we were just there today, enjoying our annual passports.  Of course Disney tries to accommodate all of its guests, so you shouldn't have too rough a time finding things you can eat.  Today, I found string cheese in the kids section of a restaurant, so I was able to have a good snack.  You are allowed to bring in string cheese, Babybel cheese and other snacks to the parks.  You can buy plenty of snacks at the grocery store and carry them with you, if you don't want to pay the DisneyWorld prices. 

We always stop for breakfast before going into the park and I just eat some scrambled eggs off of my husband's plate.  I'm 8 weeks out, so still can't eat everything, but eggs and cheese are always good.  Later, when I can have fruit and veggies, I can buy some at the parks, because they make them available now. 

You should be fine, especially because you will have a refrigerator available to you.  Have a great time, and let us know how you did.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

BUFFY M.
on 9/30/15 3:43 pm - Bobcaygeon, Canada
RNY on 11/23/15

Fanatic here! lol.  If you go to http://allears.net/dining/newmenusystem.htm

It has every menu and price of every single disney world restaurant in the theme parks as well as in the resorts.  It is a life saver.  

BUT, if you make reservations at the sit down restaurants and let them know you have had WLS, the chef will even make you something off menu.  

For the counter service options, these are my FAVS:

HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS: ABC Commissary (Commissary Lane) Courcous, Quinoa & Argula Salad - with chicken, tossed-to-order $10.69

MAGIC KINGDOM: Columbia Harbour House Grilled Salmon - served with couscous and steamed fresh broccoli $12.49 OR

Cosmic Rays: 1/2 Rotisserie Chicken - with Mashed Potatoes and seasonal vegetables $10.99 OR

Be Our Guest  - Tuna Nicoise Salad - Warm seared tuna steak with chilled green beans, potatoes, olives, roasted bell peppers, tomatoes, and hard boiled eggs $13.99

EPCOT

Sunshine Seasons Power Salad - chicken, quinia, almonds, honey vinaigrette. 11.99

Referral: July 2014 Orientation: October 2014 Meeting with Surgeon: March 23, 2015 RN/SW/Dietician: June 1, 2015 2ND Phone Interview with Dietician: July 7, 2015 Dr. Glazier (Internist): August 24, 2015 Surgery: November 23, 2015 Starting Weight: 305 lbs - Goal Weight: 130 lbs - Current Weight: 145 lbs

Oneillch
on 9/30/15 4:46 pm
VSG on 02/04/15

I know that Walmart carries the Premier Protein shakes and I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find one in Orlando. For other brands of shakes, go to their website(s) and search the stores in Florida in which they are sold. Have fun! 

mmb2003
on 10/4/15 2:19 pm

We went right after I transitioned back to regular food. I drank a shake most days for breakfast. We want to chef Mickeys one day for brunch and I had scrambled eggs and 1 slice of bacon. For lunch I would grab a yogurt and string cheese, one day got rotisserie chicken at Cosmic Rays and ate pork one day at The Tusker House. Honestly I usually just drank water while everyone had dinner and would grab a shake when we got back to our room. I drank tons of water while there and walked quite a bit. We were there for 5 days and I lost 9 pounds. Good luck!!

--Meg

VSG 8/11/15 HW: 272.5 PreOp: -17.5 M1: -20.8 M2: -15.0 TWL: -55.1 CW: 217.4

1st Goal: 225 9/27/15 2nd Goal: 200 3rd Goal: 170

snowiekate
on 10/5/15 1:45 pm - FL

The above are all GREAT suggestions. :) Also remember that most Disney restaurants will allow you to order from the children's menu if you ask - so I've gotten kid's salmon at Le Cellier (Epcot), kids grilled shrimp at Kona Cafe (in the Polynesian), and can usually manage on appetizers at other places.

Just be prepared - at 8 weeks out, you still won't be able to eat much. Have protein powder and a blender bottle with you, and easily digested snacks such as cheese or hard boiled eggs.

~ snowiekate

High 307.2, Pre-liquid: 290.3, Surgery: 282.6

Surgery date May 31, with Dr. Radecke (Riverside Surgical in Sebastian, FL)

Most Active
Recent Topics