First Plateu

nugett06
on 9/28/15 6:35 pm
VSG on 07/16/15

Hello everyone. I had my sleeve done on July 14. I am 2.5 months post-op and have lost 40lbs. Great, I know. However the weight loss has stopped. I have been at the same fluctuating weight for 2 weeks. My surgeon warned me this would happen and that since I did not have much weight to lose to begin with my weight loss would slow down drastically. This is just not acceptable to me. Any tips on what I can do to speed it back up. I'm on a very strict high protein, no sugar or carb diet. Exercise regularly. Water intake is good as well as taking my vitamins. I just don't know what else to do. I have 20lbs to go and right now I feel like I will never get there.

White Dove
on 9/29/15 5:30 am - Warren, OH

You are doing everything correctly.  Your weight loss should still average about a pound a week and you should reach your goal of another 20 pounds lost by early next year.  

The important thing is to develop great eating and exercise habits during this honeymoon period.  Keeping the weight off is much more difficult as time passes.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Tracy D.
on 9/29/15 12:15 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Your doctor warned you this would happen and you've been on this forum long enough to read about the slow-down at least 50 times.  But it's still "not acceptable" to you?  Honestly, I don't know what else to say to that  

You're doing everything right and should stick to your plan because the weight will come off.  You don't get to dictate how fast that process lasts so you might as well enjoy the ride because - truthfully - this is a journey that never ends.  It's not a sprint OR a marathon; it's how you're going to live the rest of your life.  

Best of luck! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

nugett06
on 9/30/15 4:37 am
VSG on 07/16/15

I rarely get on this forum, so no i havent read any forums on plateaus. That is why I asked for suggestions. I know the loss rate is dependent upon how much weight you needed to lose to begin with. So I was hoping someone who, like myself, only needed to lose 50lbs had some pointers on how things went for them. I have not lost a single pound in 3 weeks. at 2.5 months post-op i should still be losing 1-2lbs a week. my doctor said it would slow down, not stop.

Cardamom
on 9/29/15 4:15 pm

I'm in a similar situation.  I was lower BMI to start, a little over 2 months out from surgery and my weight loss was rapid to begin with and had seriously slowed.  last week I upped my water intake and a couple more lbs fell off.  I'm not giving up hope yet and neither should you!!  :)  sticking with the plan

SW:218 Surgery Weight: 204 on 7/20 M1:178.5 (-25.5) M2:164.5 (-14) M3:151 (-13.5) M4:144 (-7) M5:138.8 (-5)  CW:131.6  GW:130

nugett06
on 9/30/15 4:41 am
VSG on 07/16/15
Thank you for the reply. I am going to start upping my water intake today. hopefully that will kick start things again. Mr dr. told me by my next visit i should be down 12-15lbs. but so far i havent lost a single lb in 3 weeks. its very frustrating. i want to reach the goals we set but im already behind :(
Dibaby45
on 9/30/15 6:07 am

Are you sure you are weighing and measuring everything? Writing everything done? Calories can sneak in. Also I think just about everyone has a 2-3 week complete stalls with no weight loss. I know I sure did. Even more than one. It's sooo frustrating and makes no sense. Like how is it even possible right? Just hang in there. Your body needs to adjust. Just stick with it :)

Surgeon: Dr. Heydari. Lap-Band to RNY bypass. Surgery June 23, 2015.

Most Active
Recent Topics