In dire need of help!

Torrianne0206
on 9/30/15 3:46 am - Philadelphia, PA

Karik

Thank you SO much for this! I needed to hear this and I am so grateful that you took the time to respond. You are right about so many things. I have BDP and I am in therapy so I will add this to my "list" of topics to work on. I have a poor relationship with food since childhood, not because I was heavy (I didn't not have weight issues until after my children) but because it helped me cope with the abuse. My story is a long drawn out mess what I will say is this:"They did their worse and I'm STILL standing!" I am a survivor "yes" what I desire to be though is a "Victor" and I will have VICTORY over this relationship with food. I will go back to taking each day in smaller increments, I will work to not allow stress, emotions, and hormones get the better of me. Karik you have really inspired me to get back up, dust myself off, and KEEP moving forward! I am forever grateful to you.

I will begin TODAY. I will keep an honest, open, non-judging account HERE. This way I am accountable for the things I do and do not. Besides what better way than to help someone else going through the struggle.

I will go back to the basics. One of the things I've done is to have diet soda again (empty calories I know). I am going to wean myself off of it beginning today. I don't do cold turkey because it actually causes more trouble that way. I take 4 weeks to stop any food or beverage that way it is a slow regression and I won't miss it as much. It is 6:36am right now and I am making some breakfast. Having pan seared chicken with spinach seasoned with onion, shallots and fresh garlic AND water of course. I will pack my lunch/dinner for class tonight grilled Salmon w/ zucchini and baby fingerling potatoes (all steamed).

I am human, subject to faults and frailties like everyone else. I need to cut myself some slack and give myself room to be human.

Thank you again Karik I am eternally grateful!

With Love in Christ,

Torrianne

Tracy D.
on 9/29/15 12:32 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

I can't improve on a single thing that Kairk wrote, his advice is pure GOLD!  But I will offer some friendly advice and suggest that you change the font color of your posts to something that is easier to read.  I had a very tough time reading this because it's so light and I almost just gave up and skipped it entirely.  

Not very easy to read...

Very easy to read...

See the difference?  A lot of people will not take the time to read and respond if you don't make it easy for them to do so.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

bruindiva92
on 9/29/15 1:15 pm
Revision on 03/29/17

Thank you for such a thoughtful response. I have included a copy in my personal organizer.  I too can learn from this.

Most Active
Recent Topics