VSG and maybe now a RE SLEEVE

greenbaygirl
on 9/25/15 10:28 am - Hobart, WI

So I wrote a post a few months back about the necessity of getting resleeved.  I was met with a very self righteous reply telling me I had probably failed the sleeve.  Without any further information, I was judged as though I had not followed through with the commitment and theat the sleeve did not fail me, but that I FAILED THE SLEEVE. 

WELL, I just had an endoscopy and ensophogram and my sleeve was NEVER done right in the first place.  I now have concrete proof photos included the DR ALMANZA did in fact shortcut the sleeve procedure presumably to save money on staples.  It was shortly after I had the VSG that rumors began to swirl that he was simply charging too little compared to other surgeons and that he HAD to be taking shortcuts.

Well, as of now, I can state unequivocally, that he did in fact NOT perform his job and give me the correct sleeve!!  I have a LARGE section of fundus at the top and the sleeve was never trimmed or made the correct size.  Again, presumably to save on the staples.

I will now have to return to Mexico, and have it revised.  So, this is a word to those who want to know the truth ............

My sleeve was never made correctly, he did a cheap job and left major parts of the stomach and fundus in place.

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR.  And for those of you so quick to jump on somebody who you perceive to have failed, please think twice, it might not be their fault!

If anyone has any info on re sleeves, please let me know.  I'd love all the input.

NadiaO
on 9/25/15 10:43 am

I am sorry to hear you have to have to go through that.  Good luck !

Ready2goNOW
on 9/25/15 11:27 am

Yikes!

I, too, am sorry to hear you had to go thru that. The doctor should be reported or sued, but I do not know if Mexico tries to hold their physicians to the same standard of care...

I also always wondered how WLS patients who had surgery there did follow up care as I hear other doctors will not touch them if there is a problem related to the surgery...

Yes, many ppl here can be judgmental, but I try to focus on the fact 95% are supportive. Keep coming back!

Kathy

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 9/25/15 11:44 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Thanks posting about your experience.  It serves as a warning regarding some unethical surgeons who operate in Mexico.

I'm curious why you decided to return to Mexico for your revision after what happened to you during the first WLS.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

ABair
on 9/25/15 12:19 pm
VSG on 01/14/15

I am so sorry that you not only have to go through this re sleeve procedure, but that you were treated rudely.

In my opinion there is NO EXCUSE FOR RUDE!

Sending you positive vibes and prayers.

Lisa 

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 9/25/15 1:03 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14

So sorry you went thru that. I hope you're seeing someone who specializes in revisions.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/25/15 2:07 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I'm skeptical that it was the price of staples that drove it-- it's about $7 for a staple cartridge, so not really any more expensive than any other surgical equipment like scalpels or the like. But that's just my speculation.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Grim_Traveller
on 9/25/15 2:38 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Maybe he didn't use the Easy Button.

Or maybe he did . . .

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/25/15 4:43 pm - OH

Yea, much more likely he just did the surgery quickly and carelessly in order to increase the number of surgeries per day. No matter what Economics theory you subscribe to, more is more even when you charge a little less.

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Tlove6
on 9/25/15 2:12 pm

That's terrible. I'm so sorry. I've heard many surgeons aren't properly trained/educated on how exactly to make the right cuts to remove the fundus. Good luck with round 2!

HW: 283; SW: 269; pre-op: -12, M1: -16.2; M2: -10.6; M3: -13.3; M4: -8.2; M5: -8.9; M6: -8.5

Most Active
Recent Topics