It is very important and necessary for us to put some things to rest

MayPenGirl
on 9/24/15 8:07 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 04/03/13

There is an ancient story about two monks walking along a river in silence. 

They have a vow of chastity - whi*****ludes many vows, but one of these vows of chastity requires that they never speak to or touch a woman.

As they walk up the river, they notice a woman who is desperately trying to get across the river because her child is on the other side.  It is a fast-flowing river and she is frightened to cross the river by herself.  One monk walks over to her and says, "May I help you?"  He picks her up and with the strength that he carries in his legs that walk mountains and valleys and streams as part of his work, he carries her across the river, sets her down, returns to join his fellow and they begin again to walk in silence.

About two hours later the second monk says to the first monk, "I can't believe you carried that woman across the river.  I can't believe you touched her.  I can't believe that you broke your vows."

The other monk simply looks at his companion and says, "I put her down two hours ago. You are still carrying her."

This story highlights that it is very important and necessary for us to put some things to rest.

When we ignore some unimportant things, we have our hands, heart and mind available for the present moment.

Surgery date - 04/03/13; Goal date - 11/10/13 (I reached goal in 31 weeks & 4 days)

Highest weight 261  SW 258  GW 150   M1 -26  M2 -14  M3 -10  M4 -12  M5 -13  M6 -12  M7 -11  M8 -10  In maintenance since November 2013  HT- 5'6"  

Most Active
Recent Topics