I don't know why I'm discouraged.

Nikki_Thomas
on 9/21/15 6:28 am
VSG on 09/03/15

2 1/2 weeks post op. I was down 21 pounds and 11.5 total inches off my body. I get on the scale this morning and I gained 2 pounds. I know it's probably my body adjusting to loosing so much weight so fast but I think I was just expecting the scale to be moving in the other direction especially so early on. Needless to say I took a really long walk this morning. KindA beating myself up a bit.

HW:312 Pre-op Visit: 298 CW: 269  

lbmoore0
on 9/21/15 6:38 am

I think just about everyone experiences the 3 week stall - I certainly did!!  Then I lost 3 pounds and stopped again.  I'm starting week 5 postop and am not nearly where I hoped/expected to be but I keep telling myself everyone's experience is their own and I can't compare myself to anyone else.  As long as we do the things we are supposed to do it will come in time.  Hang in there! 

wyo_sarah
on 9/21/15 7:41 am

2 lbs is just a quart of water. Don't get discouraged and don't beat yourself up.

Gwen M.
on 9/21/15 8:11 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Day to day fluctuations suck, eh?  I really recommend using http://trendweight.com, it's a great way to learn to focus on the trend of your weight instead of the daily fluctuations.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Neesie57
on 9/21/15 9:12 am
VSG on 08/04/15

I'm 7 weeks post op, and have been having a stall for a week.  It is discouraging, but it too shall pass.  My daughter had to talk me off the ledge yesterday because of it, and we both decided to stop weighing for at least a week.  

You're still losing inches I'm sure, so don't be too discouraged, you'll be surprised how quickly this all will be a distant memory.

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

Mary Gee
on 9/21/15 9:48 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

You just have to accept that's the way it goes.  You will have gains, even if you stick to your program.  You body make adjustments.  It will stop occasionally, you'll gain occasionally, and you'll lose generally.  That's why I weigh myself once a week, at the same time of the day. Otherwise, I'd go crazy.

Relax.....your program works!

Mary

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Scott S.
on 9/21/15 10:53 am - TX

That 3 week mark is magic.  Chalk it up to the process.  I wouldn't call it a stall until you're there for a week or two.  Keep working the system and congrats on the 21 lbs!

Scott

VSG: 8/8/13 

(deactivated member)
on 9/21/15 3:46 pm
VSG on 08/15/15 with

I'm with ya!!! 5 weeks post op and lost 22 lbs in 3 weeks, and now lost 0.9 lbs in the last 2 weeks. It's a little frustrating but I'm keeping the faith that the scale will once again Move in the right direction. 

I wish i could could only weigh once a week, but I'm a nut about it.... 5am every morning, right after I get up....  Trying to just focus on how great I feel, but yes, when you feel you're working so hard to keep the scale moving, the darn scale should move! 

Hang in there and stick to your plan! We can do it! 

jamrodriguez
on 9/22/15 1:07 am

I had a stall at 2 1/2 weeks and I just got over another week long stall right at the 7 week mark. Its really difficult to keep focusing through them but they are just a part of it. I use to weigh myself everyday like a crazy person, but I had to stop that because it was affecting my mood for the whole day negatively if it didn't do what I wanted it to. I've been weighing myself every 3-4 days now, which is still more than some do, but I can't help myself. 

Just keep on it, girl! That scale is a jerk. 

Most Active
Recent Topics