Help!

paragondream
on 9/19/15 8:37 pm

Need your help.

Been feeling nauseous, vomited 2-3 times daily. Recently been feeling faint, dizzy and experiencing blurry vision. Can't even seem to walk in a straight line. Am almost two months post op. Went to a bariatric doc just the other day and the only thing he tested me for was dehydration...which supposedly came out negative. Doc gave me some nauseous meds which seem to be helping that symptom but nothing else.  ANY suggestions welcome, tired of feeling like I'm drunk with none of the other perks...this sucks and it is starting to impact me being able to drive and go to work/

Help!

Thank you!

~Paragondream

Michele H.
on 9/19/15 8:57 pm - NJ

Please call your doctor even if you saw him the other day. Tell him everything you said here.  Ask to run labs, check your vitamin, iron and protein levels.   You should not be vomiting. Maybe you need an endoscopy to see what is going on in your sleeve.  I am two years post op and have not vomitted once.

What are you typically eating?  Are you maybe eating too fast? Or maybe progreseed your meals to quickly?  Are you drinking protein drinks?  Have you tried sugar free ice pops or sugar free italian ice?  They both helped me a lot in the beginning to get my fluids in.

Call your bariatric doctor or your primary doctor soon.

Michele

Gwen M.
on 9/20/15 8:56 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I agree with the above advice. 

How much liquid are you drinking each day?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Amber2280
on 9/20/15 4:00 pm

You need to see the DR! I don't care if it is the surgeon, your PCP or an urgent care Dr.  The symptoms you are describing make me concerned that you have something much more significant going on.  This is not the kind of thing to take lightly or just "wait and see" about. If you have fluid and electrolyte imbalance (which I suspect) things can become very serious very quickly. 

Not trying to freak you out but...please don't mess around with these symptoms. 

Blessings

Amber   

"I was born to be a nurse; to comfort, to aid, to save, to teach, to inspire.

It's My Calling, My Passion, My World...It's My Life!"  

paragondream
on 4/15/17 5:38 pm

Just in case any one needs to know, it turns out my symptoms were regarding something else. I got diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis which is the reason why I have been off of this site for so long as my focus shifted during that time. I am now prepared to move forward on this platform. Thanks for all the supportive comments. :D

~Paragondream

Most Active
Recent Topics