Surgery Date is coming fast

Kmahaney29414
on 9/17/15 3:01 pm
VSG on 09/22/15

My date is 9/22 and it has been non-stop prep.

I had my endoscopy today and the surgeon let me know that my stomach does not empty properly so I will need to take longer moving to the real food phase.  It is the thing that your stomach just doesn't push food through. I had eaten at 7 pm the night before and there was food still in my stomach at 9 am. Also since I am such a terrible stick and my veins collapse they are doing a PIC line. I have had them before and it isn't a big deal but one more thing to keep clean at home.

I am still nervous and keeping my surgery very much to myself with friends and co-workers. People say you don't need it. UM yes I do my BMI is 39.4. I am 80 lbs over weight. My health is ok right now but I am always on a diet.

I never wanted to get the RNY or lap band surgery so I just did it myself. The lap band I didn't want because the idea of something foreign in my body wasn't high on the list.

My mom comes into town on Saturday to help me with the dog and after surgery the first week.

MelissaKay_69
on 9/17/15 3:53 pm

Hi Kmahaney, I am also having my surgery on the 22nd! Hope all goes well for you. Please keep us posted.

Tink3125
on 9/17/15 5:33 pm
VSG on 12/01/15

Best wishes on your surgery! You got this!

Looking forward to scheduling mine.

Tink

Joyfullysleeved
on 9/18/15 12:19 am

Good luck on your surgeries, Kmahaney and Melissa! My surgery is scheduled for the 30th and can't come soon enough. I go for my preop appointment the Thursday before and meet with the surgeon. Getting excited! Keep us posted on your progress! 

Kmahaney29414
on 9/26/15 10:11 am
VSG on 09/22/15

I have to admit it has been rough for a few days. I was feeling somewhat decent but was having issues peeing. We are talkin squeezing and pushing with a few drops coming out. I ended up having to stay an additional night because of that. Started peeing last night non stop. Also getting IV fluids pushed along with the water.

i already have a sensitivity to sugar I had to drink ensure and my belly flipped out when it hit. First time I yacked an hour later...and crawled back into bed. I didn't think the gastric sleeve would have sugar issues but I guess I will be different 

Most Active
Recent Topics