UNJURY

(deactivated member)
on 9/16/15 12:59 pm

I have been reading up on all kinds of Protein powders and ran into Unjury. Has anyone here tried it, if so does it taste better then Whey protein? Is it better for you.

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks

Bufflehead
on 9/16/15 1:09 pm - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

Unjury *is* whey protein, it is whey protein isolate. I really like it, particularly the Chocolate Splendor. I also drank the chicken soup protein just about every day for the first four weeks post-surgery.

I think it is a very high quality product, but I don't see why it would necessarily be better than other 100% whey isolate proteins.

(deactivated member)
on 9/16/15 1:50 pm

Thank you for the response. Do you think it tastes better or do they taste the same?

Bufflehead
on 9/16/15 3:45 pm - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

It tasted better than a lot of others I tried. I also like the Syntrax Nectar sweets line and Jay Robb. There are some whey concentrate protein powders that I like better than any whey isolate: Syntrax Matrix, Optimum Nutrition Gold Standard, and Chike.

Amy_Rod618
on 9/16/15 8:23 am, edited 9/16/15 8:24 am
VSG on 02/08/16

I was just looking up some info on protein powder also. Found good reviews on unjury and also fusion. Both of them also have sampler packs you can order, single packs of each flavor so you can see what you like before ordering a huge jug. I had huge issues with finding protein powder I liked back in 2008 when I had my lap-band so I'm determined to find better one this time around with the sleeve. 

Oh I've also read some people on here recommend premier protein. And of course this is all from what I've read, I haven't personally tried any of these. 

Tjlpnny
on 9/16/15 6:06 pm - Shandaken, NY
VSG on 06/08/15

I am 3 1/2 months post op. I struggled after surgery to find a protein powder or shake that I could tolerate, most made me nauseous and we're too sweet. I finally tried unjury and found it to be really good. I used the chicken soup flavor a lot. My favorite go to protein right now is premier protein chocolate shakes. The 30 gm's of protein really help me reach my protein goal every day. It takes trial and error to find what works for you. Ask your NUT, they may have samples they'll give you.

Theresa L Jones

(deactivated member)
on 9/17/15 12:17 pm

Thank you, I will ask her for some samples.

Dan1962
on 9/17/15 5:15 am - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

I used the plain and the chicken broth flavored products from Unjury.  I personally thought it was better tasting than other products.  The chicken broth flavored is best warm but not too warm as it will chuck up and not desolve.

Tracy D.
on 9/17/15 12:24 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Unjury is 100% whey protein isolate (which is the best kind for you immediately pre-op).  You can go to their website and order single-serve packets of different flavors.  I use Chocolate Splendor and have had 1 shake every day since surgery.  Love it...and I absolutely HATE every other pre-packaged shake out there and most powders. Their chicken soup flavor is really good too and I've also used their vanilla, especially in recipes that call for it.  

It's a very high quality product and has a PDCAAS of 100, which is the best you can get.  

Seriously, they need to hire me as their spokeswoman - lol! 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

(deactivated member)
on 9/17/15 8:37 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

Unjury Chocolate Splendor is the only brand I was able to tolerate after surgery. My husband likes Premier, but I can't stand them. I still have an Unjury shake for breakfast every morning.

Most Active
Recent Topics