Post-Op changes in food

Luisa728
on 9/15/15 6:56 pm

I really appreciate it. Thanks for all your help & input! & I've heard of the eggs with other people. I love eggs so hopefully I'll be able to tolerate them. 

Good luck with you journey as well! :)

Heavy_D9999
on 9/15/15 10:58 pm

I am currently waiting as the 17th of this month I am scheduled for my initial consultation for a weight loss surgery. I am hoping to have the VSG but will listen to all the doctor has to say and make a better informed decision with his help. I am nervous as I hate doctors but am glad people like you are here to share their fears as well. Well I wish you luck in your weight loss journey. I plan to read more while I am here.

Luisa728
on 9/16/15 7:31 am

Thank you for your sweet words! & my surgeon asked me what surgery I wanted to do. I told him the sleeve & he agreed that was the best one for me. The bypass has studies that shows you lose more than doing the sleeve but I'm confidant with my sleeve I can reach my goals. I wish you luck with your consultation & hope it's the beginning of a new journey for you!! On this site we're here to help motivate you & support eachother. :)

Good Luck

Best,

Luisa

gram247
on 9/16/15 8:35 am

hi, I'm four years out after surgery. Prior to surgery I could probably eat a pound of chocolate in the sitting. Now I can barely tolerate a small bite. 

I loved white meat chicken & turkey, but now can only tolerate dark meat since it isn't as dry. There are other meats that I cannot tolerate because they are too dense, or anything too high in fat. I also cannot tolerate coffee. So I switched to tea. 

I find it easier to digest fish than anything else . Cheese is ok as is most other dairy products except milk(?) . (Makes no sense) 

i have lost 200 pounds and continue to lose, so something is working well.

good luck on your weight-loss journey. Just remember , surgery is only a tool. It still takes hard work & diligence to be successful.

Toni

Tracy D.
on 9/16/15 8:52 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Initially I couldn't handle any fatty meats post-op.  Sausage, bacon...forget it!  But I'm over that now 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Goose Bump
on 9/16/15 10:32 am

Canned tuna and mayo....pukey! Also Sometimes Dairy would run through me in the worst way

VSG on 6/25/14  HW:360 GW:170  33yo 5'8''

Luisa728
on 9/16/15 10:49 am

I can live without mayo!! But not TUNAAAA!! 😟 & I've heard the nightmares of diary products I'm gonna have to prepare myself for that. Thanks for the advice! 😊 

Luisa

joatsaint
on 9/16/15 5:58 pm - TX

For almost 9 months post-op, I couldn't tolerate much, and I didn't even think of trying my old favorites. Frankensleeve and I came to a truce over refried beans and ground turkey hamburger meat. :-)

My 1st 10 days were just sugar free popsicles, sugar free jell-o and crystal light.

When I was released to purees - week 3, I was only eating Cream of Mushroom soup.

It was a rough time, training Frankie to eat again.

But by the end of the year, he could tolerate almost everything I wanted to eat.

It's been almost 3 years, and now I can eat anything I want. It's up to me to make the right choices though.

Use the upcoming "honey moon" period to get into good eating habits. Choosing the right things to eat and establishing portion control. This is a one time shot, make the most of it.

I was able to noticeably eat more at 6 months and again at 1 year. And could eat a wider range of foods.

I'm glad I had established good eating habits by then, because it was up to me to make the right choice.

Frankensleeve did still have restriction, after healing and the swelling went down.

But, the days of him throwing a tantrum over almost anything I ate were over.

Here's my video - Quick FAQs - What Is The Honeymoon Period

Get my FREE eBook - The Top 10 WLS Fears and How to Kick Their Butt!

Empowering Weight Loss Surgery newbies and veterans with confidence and knowledge to lose weight and keep it off for life

Free ebook - The Top 10 Weight Loss Surgery Fears and How to Kick Their Butt!

Check out my Youtube channel where I answer your Most Frequently Asked Questions.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Frankensleeve/videos

Luisa728
on 9/16/15 8:44 pm

This has to be one of my favorite replies since I've been on this site!! I loved it! It made me laugh & smile from ear to ear!! If you don't mind me stealing the name of your sleeve but I'm officially calling my sleeve Ms. Frankensleeve!! Best name for our sleeves EVER!! 

I'll definitely check out your links but seriously you made me feel like I'm not losing most of my stomach; I'm gaining a new bestfriend!! Ms.Frankie!! Now I can't wait to get surgery more than ever because I really want to call her Ms. Frankensleeve!! 

Thank you for the laugh & the amazing motivation you just gave me! I'm sending you a friend request because I would love for you to be apart of my support system!! 

P.S Tell your Frankie to stop throwing tantrums!! 

My Best,

Luisa

joatsaint
on 9/17/15 4:40 pm - TX

Thank you, I'm glad you got a smile out of my post.

I try to be helpful and funny, sometimes my sense of humor doesn't translate well in text.

Feel free to use the name Frankensleeve. We all have little monsters inside of us. :-P

If you have any questions or if I can be of help, feel free to PM me.

- Randy

Free ebook - The Top 10 Weight Loss Surgery Fears and How to Kick Their Butt!

Check out my Youtube channel where I answer your Most Frequently Asked Questions.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Frankensleeve/videos

Most Active
Recent Topics