Post-Surgery Female Hormones/Implant Stuff

Donna L.
on 9/13/15 10:57 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Sooo, I've lost a lot of weight since June 1st, (80 lbs counting pre-op weight), and my birth control implant (nexplanon) seems to have moved  The past week I've had a hyper stimulated appetite, as well as periods, which I've never had on nexplanon.  I'm making a gynecologist appointment because I get very rare and dangerous ovarian cysts (a 12 pound one almost killed me) and I need to not ovulate.  I was just wondering if anyone had a similar experience and if the implant needed to be removed?

I'm also not sure if the periods and appetite are from estrogens/xenoestrogens being released from fat storage as I lose.  Did anyone else have weird period stuff only a few months out?  I was expecting to have weird moods and possible issues, but not just shy of three months out.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Most Active
Recent Topics