10 days out and I cant take the sweet protein drinks!

Minkey
on 9/14/15 9:48 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one who gets sick just thinking about making or drinking another shake!!  I get sick just smelling the dumb things!  I drink plain milk which is 13 or so grams per cup.  It helps settle my stomach an lets me take my pills (I still take several at breakfast and bedtime) with something besides water.  It does get better, so just hang in there.  It took a long time to train your stomach to like certain things, so it will take a long time to retrain it to the "good" stuff.

chubbs54
on 9/14/15 11:57 pm

I don't have a problem with the Protein shakes but I have tried the Premier shakes both chocolate & vanilla but the vanilla is rather sweet.

I drink them on ice I only have to drink them for breakfast.

Lemily
on 9/15/15 7:54 am
VSG on 01/16/14

I have been using Isopure zero carb unflavored for the past 18 months at least. I do not think you can have coffee yet, but I usually brew black flavored coffee let it get to room temp, and then throw in a scoop of the powder. gets you 25g of protein, then refrigerate it, and you have an iced coffee. Cant taste it and it does not change the viscosity of the fluid.

cconroy55
on 9/15/15 10:30 am

I was all about the Unjury chicken soup for lunch and Bariwise mushroom soup for dinner.  I started most days with Bariwise fruit drinks - but those were also sweet - just felt a little more "breakfasty"  Now I do coffee with bariwise hot chocolate every morning. 

(deactivated member)
on 9/17/15 12:14 pm

Thanks everyone for the comments. Much appreciated!

darleengnikki31
on 9/18/15 3:17 am

I couldn't tolerate the sweet protein drinks either. I had to switch to a clear liquid protein drink, Isopure.

Most Active
Recent Topics