Almost 1 month surgiversary, LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 9/13/15 6:57 am
VSG on 08/15/15 with

Going to be out of town on business on the 15th, and had time for all my measurements and everything today. It has been an amazing journey thus far. Have I been perfect, no, still tough to get all that protein in especially since tomorrow is when I can officially eat 'normal' again. I love that I am never hungry, but it makes me forget to eat. And since I workout pretty hard at the gym 3-4 days a week, I really want to focus on my calories, protein, and water over this next month.

My only regret is not doing this sooner!!!!!

So for quick stats: starting weight 210, surgery weight 8/15/15: 201.6, current weight 179.9 lbs..........30.1 lbs lost !!!!!!! AMAZING!

Gone from a BMI of 40.1 to 37 so far, and lost a total of 35.75 inches!

I'm still dealing with head hunger, as I was a huge meat eater before, and want nothing more than to take a massive bite out of a steak!! And it has been easier than I thought it would to go out or be in a group setting with food.

NSV: trying on about 20 bathing suits for our cruise next month, and feeling HOT in every one of them! And my hubby laughed at my other one: we went for a ride on our Harley, and as soon as I sat down I realized my belly wasn't touching his back LOL... and my greatest one: RUNNING!!!! I always wanted to be a runner but just couldn't, and now it is part of my regular routine, and I can run longer, faster, breath better.....it's pretty awesome!!!

I just wanted to share :) thanks for reading!

rhudson
on 9/13/15 2:54 am, edited 9/13/15 2:54 am - Melrose Park, IL
VSG on 12/09/14

Congratulations on a great start to your journey!  I'm 9 months out and my hunger hasn't returned yet. Surgeon said that can happen and it may return eventually....I'm taking advantage of that bit of luck so far, bu****ch the clock to make sure I space out my meals and get them in.  It took me a little while to work up to being able to eat steak and even now I can only do about 2oz max.  You'll get there!!  

Have fun on your cruise and on the back of that Harley!

Surgery Date: 12/9/14 - Highest Weight: 349 - Surgery Weight: 305 - Current Weight: 137
Goal reached in 13 months - 212 total pounds lost including pre-op
(M1: -20) (M2: -18) (M3: -11) (M4: -11) (M5: -14) (M6: -1) (M7: -18) (M8: -7) (M9: -15)

(M10: -13) (M11: -7) (M12: -10) (M13: -10) (M14 -6) (M15: -7) - 168 lbs lost post-op

Bensmom812
on 9/13/15 10:44 am

Congrats! Sounds wonderful :)

Sunshine411
on 9/13/15 11:26 am

Sounds like no regrets at all...so thrilled for you and hope I do as well...I'm set for Tuesday 15 ....praying all goes well and no complications...nervous but excited but scared...lol...I wish I was a month out...lol!  I will be watching your posts to see how your doing and please post any problems you have to help prepare me...you have done great in one month...congrats!

Tracy S.
on 9/13/15 11:44 am

I'm 2 weeks out and was wondering how long until I'd be able to work out and go to the gym.  I know this is something I'll ask my doctor Tuesday but I'm curious when you felt comfortable enough to start exercising again.  I'm afraid I'll pull something or hurt myself.

(deactivated member)
on 9/13/15 2:54 pm
VSG on 08/15/15 with

Before surgery I was in the gym either doing spin, p90x, or with my trainer at least 3-6 times a week, so I definitely went back sooner than I should have. I was walking 2-3 miles about 5 days post op (but much slower than I normally would walk), and I went back to the actual gym about 2 weeks after surgery. I just told my trainer no ab exercises, and no lifting over 30 lbs. 

i had one morning during a workout that I got very dizzy, and when I looked at my tracker from the day before, I definitely did not eat enough calories. I'm still not back completely to my normal gym routine, still light core work because I can feel the pull in my lower abs during some exercises. 

My surgeon said I could resume all normal exercise after 30 days, but I'm sure every doctor is different. Just listen to your body, and pack a protein shake :)

Tracy D.
on 9/14/15 10:54 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Your enthusiasm and excitement are contagious, Alex!   Congrats on a fantastic start to a lifetime of better health and LOTS more NSVs to come 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active
Recent Topics