Newbie..upcoming consult

Tink3125
on 9/14/15 5:28 pm
VSG on 12/01/15

Hello from TN,

I am a newbie to the forum, THANK Heavens I found this site!! I have struggled with the decision to have WLS. My insurance excludes covering it so I am having to pay out of pocket. I know this will be the best decision I could make for my life at this time, but I am nervous, scared, excited all at the same time. The information on here helped me make the decision on the sleeve.  I have my consult with the dr on 9/30 and it should be only a couple of weeks after that for the surgery since I'm self pay.  I started today drinking protein shakes for breakfast and lunch and will transition to only shakes up the closer I get to surgery. I look forward to reading more posts and learning as much as I can.

I am struggling with the decision to let family and friends know that I am having the surgery. Husband is the only one that knows at this time. Has anyone else had this struggle?

Keep on keeping on!!!

akanikkie
on 9/14/15 7:20 pm
VSG on 04/27/15

Hi from Nashville!  You will definitely learn a lot on here.  My vote about letting friends and family know is that it really is an individual decision.  I let people know who have been on the decision journey with me for several years.  I really haven't made a public declaration (on social media or at work, for example).  You will know when the time is right for you.

Wishing you the best!

HW: 448; SW: 376; CW: 321

Sasha2014
on 9/14/15 7:23 pm
VSG on 09/21/15

I am proud of my decision , I am more open about sharing but some people don't tell at all!

This is a great website and tool!

If I had to self pay I would still do it!!

CONGRATS!!!!!

Amy_Rod618
on 9/15/15 5:52 pm
VSG on 02/08/16

Congratulations on your decision! I also just recently made the decision to have the sleeve, and my consult is next Tuesday September 22nd. I am having the same emotions lol nervous, excited all at the same time! And this is only my consult, imagine how ill be before surgery! This is my 2nd attempt at WLS, I had a lap band that was removed last year. I'm feeling very different about things this time around. With my lap band I kept to myself and I think because there was some underlying embarrassment because I couldn't lose the weight on my on. This time is very different,  I know that this is just a tool and I still need to put in the work to lose the weight. I'm also much more confident that this is the right road to take for me so I'm not scared or embarrassed to share with people. I'm not shouting from rooftops or anything, but sharing with the people in my life that I know will support me.

I love reading about everyone's journeys on here... thanks for sharing! 

And good luck!

Most Active
Recent Topics