POST OP issues

DRMackie
on 9/9/15 8:41 am - Independence, MO

I'm one day shy of a month from VSG.  I've lost 37 lbs.  It's great!!  My issue is I've been having a weird pain on my left side about where the port was at surgery.  The pain has gotten stronger over the last 4 days.  Today it's not bad...I made an effort to get out of bed and NOT using the left side muscles like I have been.  Am I just straining that left side? I'm freaking out that something else is wrong.  I have a friend who had surgery last year and got Pancreatic  infection from not doing what he was supposed to do. I'm eating what I'm supposed to and trying to pound fluids as much as I can.  Any ideas?

Deb

mickeymantle
on 9/9/15 9:54 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

your probably pulling internal stitches that is very common and will heal itself , but call your surgeon to be safe

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Tracy D.
on 9/9/15 11:07 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

^^^ what she said 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/9/15 11:49 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Yup, call your doctor. I had a really hard time pulling things when I got out of bed at first, I had to kind of roll myself onto the floor and then pick myself up!

If you're running a fever, you have any spots on your abdomen that are painful to the touch or red/swollen, then there's definite worry. But it's definitely possible that things are still healing and you're sore. Best to call and be safe!

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

poolside
on 9/10/15 6:56 pm

Definitely check with your surgeon as it's way better to be safe than sorry. 

That being said, I had a divot at the site of my largest incision (where they pulled the stomach leftovers out) because my stitches were so tight and it caused a fair amount of discomfort when I bent over or used the muscles on that side. It eventually went away as my belly shrank and the incision healed completely.

DRMackie
on 9/11/15 3:05 pm - Independence, MO

How long did it take for the pain to go away? 

poolside
on 9/14/15 1:07 pm

About 2-2 1/2 weeks

Most Active
Recent Topics