I never want food again

Bugrussell
on 9/9/15 8:44 am

I'm just ending my 2 week full liquid diet today and can start on pureed foods tomorrow.  I'll have to remember to take it very slowly and hope not to run into any issues.

I have heard others state that they have become lactose intolerant after surgery. 

Good luck to you.

Tracy D.
on 9/9/15 11:19 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Greek yogurt and ricotta cheese are dairy products and have lactose in them -- you may be one of those people who become lactose-intolerant post-op.  Trying cutting out all dairy and see if that helps.  

And as someone else suggested, go back a step in your food plan to stuff that wasn't bothering you.  Some people just can't progress as quickly to solid food.  

P.S.  Someday you will want to eat another bite...and another...and another.  And you'll smile fondly over the early days when you thought the desire for food had left you entirely 

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

emelar
on 9/9/15 11:36 am - TX

At 3 weeks, I was in the 1 to 1 1/2 oz range on capacity.  Start with smaller amounts.  If you have a hard meal, go back to full liquids for the rest of the day and give your tummy a chance to right itself.  Take it slowly.  It does get better and you will eat again.

poolside
on 9/10/15 7:05 pm

I tried the ricotta bake in my soft foods phase and it HURT. I only had about an ounce, ounce and a half but in my opinion, the baked cheese on top was a little too tough and the tomato sauce too acidic for me at that stage. 

joatsaint
on 9/12/15 7:24 pm - TX

Chicken, eggs, and dairy were some of the hardest things Frankensleeve had to relearn to digest.

For months post-op, I was limited to refried beans and finely ground turkey hamburger.

That's all Frankie would tolerate.

I didn't want to ever eat again, but I tried to look at this as an opportunity to get into good eating habits.

Choosing the right foods, getting all the carb cravings out of my system, getting in enough fluids, getting in my protein.

All too soon, the honeymoon period was over and I was able to eat anything I wanted.

At that point, it was up to me to make the right choices. 

Things will get better and easier, I promise! If I could do one thing for you, it would be to transfer my knowing what life is like after the weight is off.

Life is sooooo much better - in all areas.

But all I can do is ask you to have faith that it does get better and it is worth the trouble.

Free ebook - The Top 10 Weight Loss Surgery Fears and How to Kick Their Butt!

Check out my Youtube channel where I answer your Most Frequently Asked Questions.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Frankensleeve/videos

Tracy S.
on 9/13/15 7:13 pm
On September 12, 2015 at 7:24 PM Pacific Time, joatsaint wrote:

Chicken, eggs, and dairy were some of the hardest things Frankensleeve had to relearn to digest.

For months post-op, I was limited to refried beans and finely ground turkey hamburger.

I didn't want to ever eat again, but I tried to look at this as an opportunity to get into good eating habits.

Choosing the right foods, getting all the carb cravings out of my system, getting in enough fluids, getting in my protein.

All too soon, the honeymoon period was over and I was able to eat anything I wanted.

Things will get better and easier, I promise! If I could do one thing for you, it would be to transfer my knowing what life is like after the weight is off.

But all I can do is ask you to have faith that it does get better and it is worth the trouble.

I laugh every time I see you call it Frankensleeve :)

joatsaint
on 9/13/15 7:33 pm - TX
On September 13, 2015 at 7:13 PM Pacific Time, Tracy S. wrote:
On September 12, 2015 at 7:24 PM Pacific Time, joatsaint wrote:

I laugh every time I see you call it Frankensleeve :)

Thanks, I'm glad it makes you smile. :-) I named him Frankensleeve because #1 he's got scars and stitches and #2 because he gets angry and growls A LOT! (not so much anymore, but that first year, he was a real monster!)

Free ebook - The Top 10 Weight Loss Surgery Fears and How to Kick Their Butt!

Check out my Youtube channel where I answer your Most Frequently Asked Questions.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Frankensleeve/videos

gram247
on 9/15/15 7:50 am

this sounds like what I went through. I am 4years out , down 200 pounds & there are still many foods that used to love, that now turn my stomach.

i still don't have much of an appetite, & although I love to cook, I usually don't enjoy the results! ( but my family does).

as you said, there are  bumps in the road, but the journey is so worthwhile.

Minkey
on 9/13/15 9:31 pm

I'm 6 weeks sleeve post op and haven't been able to even look at yogurt or a shake in a few weeks.  I've tried all kinds of ways to change the taste of the shakes but I still feel a little sick when I smell them.  It gets better when you can eat some of the things you used to eat.  I like fat free refried beans with a little cheese and some low fat wheat thins or triscuits (okay on my plan) and act like I'm at a party or out to eat.  I loved to eat it before surgery so I feel more back to normal.  You'll just have to find out high fiber foods that you used to like and that should help some.  Hang in there. 

Most Active
Recent Topics