Surgery Tomorrow!

Sunshine411
on 9/12/15 9:02 pm

So I know there is pain involved but was it terribly bad?  Did you get up and walk day of surgery?  Bathroom?  Any troubles drinking fluids thus far?  

Abby2015
on 9/13/15 6:02 am

Not much pain at all once I figured out how to use the pain pump.  I've had two c-sections and this was much, much easier.  I got up and walked no problem the same day as surgery.  I didn't have a catheter so that forced me to get up out of bed every few hours.  

I started out on ice chips and moved to regular water.  I love, love G2.  The only trouble I've had with water so far is if I gulp too fast and I have a little pain and then I burp.  :)  

Sunshine411
on 9/14/15 1:13 pm

Nice to hear...a bit nervous but I'm sure that's normal...I have it done tomorrow at 10:30...hoping I fly through it as well as you Ito know what cSection feels like...and I will definitely make sure to press pain pump hard enough...thanks!  Were you sipping jus****er first couple days!  Have you added protein shakes...in yet?  Sips I should say of protein shakes...having any problems?  Sounds like your doing great.  Any gas pains after surgery?  Keep up the positive attitude and watch the pounds fall off. 😉

Abby2015
on 9/14/15 6:44 pm

Definitely had gas pains.  I smuggled in the gas x strips and they were awesome.

Jus****er the first day and then small sips of protein shakes the second.  It was a few days before I felt like I was able to really get my liquids in.

I just put my liquids into myfitnesspal for the day and I'm up to 780 in liquid calories and 90+ grams of protein.  I'm hoping to maintain this for quite a while.  

Sunshine411
on 9/14/15 8:28 pm

My dr doesn't want me to have over 60-70 grams of protein when I'm able to even do that.  Sounds like your fluids are not a problem at all.  64 oz water seems like a lot but dr said to shoot for 32 oz first few days n keep increasing a little each day...n sip 2/3 oz protein in between ...hope I can do it...I've never been a huge drinker...this preop diet I hacpve hit 64 oz water daily though n had my 3-4 shakes...so hopefully I'm hydrated and ready...here I come...surgery in morning ...I didn't get gas x strips but maybe I should or I guess my hubby can go get if I need...did you need right away?  

Sasha2014
on 9/14/15 7:26 pm
VSG on 09/21/15

Hey Abby!

I added you as my friend!

Keep me posted and you will do just fine!!

My surgery is on the 21st!! I will keep you posted!!!

See you on the losers bench!!!!!

Most Active
Recent Topics