Surgery Tomorrow!

Abby2015
on 9/8/15 8:18 am

A little nervous and a little excited.  I doubt I'll get much sleep tonight.

I'm running around trying to get the house in order and everything all set up for the kiddos so it is not too tough on DH while I'm in the hospital.  

FuturePinUp
on 9/8/15 9:13 am

Aah! How exciting!! Good luck! I am sure you will do great and we'll see you on the "loser's bench" soon enough. 

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

(deactivated member)
on 9/8/15 1:38 pm

I am excited for you. I am still doing my tests that my insurance said that needs to be done before surgery.  I am curious has anyone that got the sleeve surgery felt at times just getting the run around? Also, is it true you loss around 50 lbs the first month.

Hope to hear back from you. 

FuturePinUp
on 9/8/15 1:55 pm

That isn't really true. While you DO lose a lot in the first month as your body adjust, that number is affected by so many things, such as your starting weight, your water intake, a tendency to "stall" at 3 weeks, etc.

I had about 200 lbs to lose when I started the process, and in my first month post-op lost about 19.5 lbs. My medical advises that a loss of 10lbs a month, going forward, is perfect.

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

(deactivated member)
on 9/8/15 2:19 pm

Maybe this was because of his size.  He had the sleeve he started at 495 and first month after surgery he lost 59 lbs. My biggest worry is my age.  I will be 51 in October and worried I will not have a fast result and lots is saggy skin. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.  

FuturePinUp
on 9/8/15 3:09 pm

There are a lot of people your age and older who post on here who have had amazing, and rapid results with their surgeries so I wouldn't worry about it too much! Following the proper diet after surgery speaks a lot more to success than being younger, etc.

As far as saggy skin, unfortunately, there isn't really anything preventative to be done - it all comes down to genetics, how long you've been overweight, etc. There is always plastic surgery if it's really bothersome, physically or mentally. Definitely shouldn't be a deterrent for the surgery!

(deactivated member)
on 9/8/15 3:42 pm

Thank you for the fast reply. I was told with the sleeve surgery you will always have to be on a B12 vitamin, is that correct? I also really curious on the time frame t took for everyone that had the surgery. 

Claudia425
on 9/9/15 11:13 am

I started the process in July and I have a surgery date of 9/18.  Really depends on your insurance and the surgeon.  As for the B-12 my understanding is with VSG you will always need to take vitamins.   

(deactivated member)
on 9/9/15 12:08 pm

Thank you for writing back Claudia.  If you do not mind me asking, what was your insurance requirements? I feel that I am getting the brush off from my Dr. I started this journey on July 10th and still not seen my Dr. since first visit. I will be done with my trials that are needed for my insurance in Oct. 

May I ask how it went, do you regret it?

Thanks,

Teresa

(deactivated member)
on 9/9/15 12:15 pm

OOPS my bad, you have not had it yet..........lol

Most Active
Recent Topics