Carbs?

Luisa728
on 9/7/15 7:40 pm

Ok right now my doctor allows me to eat Lean Cuisine's & Smart Choices & they have carbs ranging from 13-40g of carbs. So does that mean I should stay away from them even though it's something my surgeon allows in my diet? Or does that mean it's okay to eat them because my surgeon allows it?

catwoman7
on 9/7/15 8:48 pm
RNY on 06/03/15

there's a lot of difference in plans.  Some are moderately-low carb, some are very low carb.  Sounds like your surgeon is in the former camp.

RNY 06/03/15 by Michael Garren (Madison, WI)

HW: 373 SW: 316 GW: 150 LW: 138 CW: 163

psychoticparrot
on 9/7/15 8:58 pm

The decision is yours. My doctor allows frozen dinners, too, but I avoid them because they are loaded with salt and chemicals. Read the labels. When you get your sleeve, the amount of food you'll be able to eat is so small, it makes optimum nutrition is a must. Everything you eat must be as healthful and nutrient-filled as possible. Even though you'll probably be taking vitamin and mineral supplements, most of your nutrition will still come from your food. Do your best to choose the healthiest food possible.

BTW, I used to work at the Penn State College of Medicine. I'm not a doctor, nurse, or health practitioner of any kind. But I am familiar with the amount of education about nutrition that medical students and residents get, and it's not much. Doctors know how to heal diseases, but they're often clueless about food and its role in preventing disease. What I'm trying to say is, just because your doctor allows something doesn't mean it's the best thing for you to eat.

Here endeth the lesson. 

psychoticparrot

Most Active
Recent Topics