Two in a half weeks out....

Ddm26
on 9/7/15 8:10 am

starting to wonder if I've made a mistake. Thought I did pretty good last night and then at 9:00 started retching nothing came up just horrible nausea and foamies!!! All I hear are people that are so glad they did this.... I  thankful to see the scale moving but this feeling is for the birds!!!! 

Mary Gee
on 9/7/15 8:57 am - AZ
VSG on 05/14/14

Has this happened before, or is this your first experience?

Need more details in order to respond.  What did you have to eat/drink yesterday and at what times and how much? What stage are you at -- pureed??

Foamies are usually a sign you ate too much -- one bite too many can set you off....and usually there's a warning signal, such as a runny nose.  

HW: 380 SW: 324 GW: 175  

Ddm26
on 9/8/15 3:04 pm

No it seems to happen every night. Doesn't matter what I eat. This time I had about 2T of moist chicken and 1 T of mashed potatoes. I also have really bad diarrhea. Just frustrated but I believe it will get better. I hope 

psychoticparrot
on 9/7/15 10:42 am, edited 9/7/15 10:42 am

Oh, you have my sympathies! During my first 6 post-op weeks, I must have thrown up at least twice a week. When your stomach is still healing, it's very difficult to judge how much to eat, and if you have one forkful too many, you're in for it. Try eating less food but more often.

Be sure you're drinking enough water. One of the early signs of dehydration is nausea. For the first six weeks after surgery, that is your biggest enemy. It can put you in the ER so fast your head will spin.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

psychoticparrot
on 9/7/15 5:45 pm

BTW, you did NOT make a mistake. Remember the "buyer's remorse" they talked about in the pre-surgery classes? That's what you have. It's normal and it's temporary.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Ddm26
on 9/8/15 3:06 pm

Been in the ER once for fluids and potassium. Doing better with liquids about 49 oz a day. Have u had trouble with protein shakes they hit my stomachs and come back up. Way worse then food

psychoticparrot
on 9/8/15 9:53 pm

I did have trouble getting protein shakes down (ugh! I hate them to this day!), but once they were down, they stayed down. Solid food was the challenge for me. At four weeks post-op I ate a bowl of cheddar soup that I thought would slide right through my sleeve. Wrong! Came back up so fast, I thought my sleeve would turn inside out. I'm so glad those days are behind me. Before too long, they'll be behind you too.

psychoticparrot

Most Active
Recent Topics