Long term success? Be Prepared!

bigabeeb
on 11/22/15 3:47 pm
VSG on 08/04/14

Thank you, that was helpful. I needed to to know that I was not the only one.  I too am very hard on myself.  A nutrition counselor sounds like a good idea.  At my surgeon's office I see a nutritionist but she is only saying avoid the bad foods but I crave them.  I think I need to try the sugar detox.  I feel a chemical/ hormonal reaction when I eat sugar. It makes me happy.  Thanks for the advice.  

HW-- 322     CW--203

Tirza T.
on 9/6/15 6:52 am
VSG on 01/17/12

Love this post! I had a severe regain and then last September I was back to within 15 pounds of of my goal. Then I had some severe physical issues which I still have which make it very difficult to walk. I got depressed and went on on a binging rampage. I am now working on coming back down again. Just because I could not or had difficulty exercising didn't mean my nutrition had to suffer as well. Had I put a better plan in place this would not have happened.  I have have a plan in place to lose, but I definitely need one for maintenance.  In my 3.5 years since surgery I have only lived in maintenance for one month and that is sad.

Linda B.
on 9/6/15 9:12 pm - CO
VSG on 09/13/12

All I can say is thank you for this thread. I am struggling with some regain and I know it has been food I shouldn't be eating and stress.

high weight 230 start of journey weight 217 surgery weight 191 current weight 138

White Dove
on 9/7/15 5:52 am - Warren, OH

The place where I recommend people go for maintenance is If It Fits Your Macros.

Plug in your height, weight and other data and it will give you a recommendation for calories, protein, fat, and carbs. 

Macro tracking is a different approach to eating.  It allows you to eat the foods you like as long as you stay within your macros. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Lee ~
on 9/8/15 8:39 pm - CA

Great Post!  The main thing is believing we can get back to goal.

i credit WW with keeping me in range. I eat low carb, but use their scale to keep me accountable.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

Most Active
Recent Topics