Surgery tomorrow and having cravings

PinkJewl
on 9/7/15 8:35 am

Hey guys! I am on a clear liquid diet today and I report to the hospital tomorrow at 6am for surgery. I am having MAJOR cravings for carbs!!!!! Of course I will make it through and it seems more like head hunger. What did you guys eat/do the day before your surgery? I am just laying around waiting lol.

(deactivated member)
on 9/7/15 9:17 am

I ran all sorts of errands and did housework and did whatever I could to keep busy. Sitting around just did not suit me - I would have driven myself crazy thinking about the upcoming surgery and thinking about not eating! Then in the evening I drank the bottle of magnesium citrate I was told to take and spent a lot of time running to the bathroom! LOL!

diane S.
on 9/7/15 12:08 pm

well we had to drive 7 hours to get to the city where i had my surgery and then stayed in a hotel the night before. so that pretty much used the day.   i drank a lot of iced tea and apple juice. then the evening poop-a-thon  and before i knew it, it was 5 am and time to head for the hospital.    diane

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

SouthernmostStar
on 9/7/15 3:55 pm
VSG on 01/25/12

I was on clear liquids the day before.  I also was doing the surgical center's mandatory pre-op program, meeting with the dietitian, the physical therapist, etc. so I'd know what to expect right after surgery.  

If it's head hunger and you're bored, call friends and talk to them.  Browse the internet and look at clothes that you'll really look forward to wearing when you lose weight.  Make a promise list.  As I was losing weight, I started righting down things that I wanted to do as I lost weight.  Some people call it a bucket list, but I didn't want to think of these as things to do before I died.  I was so looking forward to doing things that I'd never done because of my weight.  They became promises to myself.

I have had so much fun doing these things on my list and then adding new things that come to mind.  

Just do anything that you can think of to keep your hands busy and your mind off of eating.  You can do it.  

Good luck tomorrow!

Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Most Active
Recent Topics