Leak

Northbeach11
on 9/5/15 4:17 pm

My son in law had the sleeve, all was ok for the first five weeks, then found he had leak. He has been on a feeding tube and not being able to eat or drink for 12 weeks. I am wondering if people ever do recover from this?

(deactivated member)
on 9/5/15 4:47 pm

Yes, they do and return to having completely normal lives.

Do either he or the surgeon know what caused the leak?

happyteacher
on 9/5/15 6:19 pm

Yes. It is an ardous process, but even those who endure it report back here consistently that they are still glad to have pursued the surgury. Sending good karma your way and I hope your son in law recovers quickly. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Northbeach11
on 9/8/15 4:55 am

Hi and thank you for your response. I blame the Dr. he has a high rate of returns with leaks. However my son in law doesn't feel that way, he feels its just one of those things that happen. He has a great outlook, we know a few that have had the surgery with great success. Thanks again, I just feel terrible for him. 

novascotiadawn
on 9/16/15 8:30 pm - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

I'm like your son inlaw! It was from surgery out I had it. But, was in my 4th month and deaths bed before they found it. It took a good year before the heal. I would do it all over again! Just hopefully no leak. Hopfully he heals soon! 

Hugs

Dona

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

Most Active
Recent Topics