single serve protein mix packages

KansasPrincess
on 9/4/15 9:59 am - Gardner, KS
VSG on 10/15/15

Anyone have any good recommendations that i can just throw in a my bag and go so i dont have to carry around a container of protein powder. especially since i ride a harley and i use a back pack for everything. its bad enough to have to carry around 2-8 0z containers of almond milk. i once used the plexus protein powder that has 96 calories, but was told that its a horrible product and has been banned from sale in amazon. so , i'm not sure what to do now.

(deactivated member)
on 9/4/15 10:06 am
RNY on 05/04/15

Unjury makes single-serve packets. I love the Chocolate Splendor. Or if you prefer to save money by buying in tubs, you can pre-mix it in your containers of almond milk. That's what I do on days I bike to work.

KansasPrincess
on 9/4/15 10:12 am - Gardner, KS
VSG on 10/15/15

is protein powder ok to be premixed and kept cold in a container? adn can they be mixed in water? if im out on the go?

hollykim
on 9/4/15 10:21 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

yes to both. Syntax nectar is very good and you can buy all their flavors as single serve

KansasPrincess
on 9/4/15 10:23 am - Gardner, KS
VSG on 10/15/15

thank you so much

(deactivated member)
on 9/4/15 12:40 pm
RNY on 05/04/15

I wouldn't do it with the ones that thicken a lot (which usually have calcium caseinate and aren't a great protein source anyway), but I specifically asked the dietitian at Unjury who said it was fine for their powders, which are 100% whey protein isolate.

Eggface
on 9/5/15 3:39 am - Sunny Southern, CA

When I am traveling I take my blender bottle shaker and inside I put a couple of snack sized baggies filled with my favorite protein powder: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/2014/06/a-doz en-protein-packed-and-portable.html A few companies make single serve travel packets too. It ends up cheaper of course if you do a big tub and baggies and on the road it works. I tend to use the packets more for air travel. TSA has never given me issues but a lot of baggies of powder with no description ;) might cause concern LOL.

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

KansasPrincess
on 9/8/15 9:11 am - Gardner, KS
VSG on 10/15/15

what do you mix them in? water?

Eggface
on 9/8/15 3:51 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Yeah water or milk... I do soy or almond so that's not always available bu****er is always... even on the plane :)

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Most Active
Recent Topics