Almost there !!!

familyof6
on 9/1/15 7:45 am, edited 9/1/15 7:47 am

I had my 6 month post-op last week and I have officially lost 92% of my excess weight ! I was 6 lbs away from my ideal weight and as today that's 4 lbs !  My NP said she would put in for plastic surgery consult for my abdominal excess skin at the 1 year mark....according to her my insurance might pay for it......and no, I don't have fungal infections or anything under my pannus, just hanging wrinkly skin.....anybody heard of this, that some insurances might pay for the pannectomy without any serious medical reasons ? I have Healthnet Blue&gold HMO.

familyof6
on 9/1/15 8:01 am

Not sure why my ticker didn't post.....gotta post it, too proud of it :))))

phred
on 9/1/15 8:05 am - CO

Being obese, in itself, is a curse.
Comorbidities make it much worse—
Even harder than hell
To become really well—
And a drain, sad to tell, on the purse!

If it feels good, do it!  And if it smells good, eat it!

suzyq584
on 9/1/15 8:30 am

You are such an inspiration!  I hope to be posting a very similar post in March once I hit my 6 month mark!! 

My insurance will pay for the panniculecomy but 3 months of consistent issues must first be documented.  I have Blue Cross Blue Shield.  I suggest calling your insurance to see what would be required and start complaining to your Dr. if something like the 3 month thing is required for you.

Good luck!  I'd love to see your before an after pictures if you are willing to share! 

FuturePinUp
on 9/1/15 9:13 am

Congrats!! That is wonderful!!

My doctors are also going to try and have my excess skin removed via insurance when I get to goal. I think they may work with a surgeon who will actually help shape the tummy and not just cut skin off. The whole idea freaks me out way more than my VSG surgery did. 

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 9/1/15 9:56 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Go you!!

In regards to skin removal, your best bet is to call the customer service number on the back of your insurance card and ask for information specific to your plan. There is SO much variation between plans, even within the same provider, that it's best to get a verification straight from them, in writing if possible.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

familyof6
on 9/1/15 1:07 pm

It was just weird since I didn't even ask for it.....I would personally not pay for that, it's not too bad and I did have 4 kids so I never expected to have a perfect beach bod ;))  My NP just said, they'll put in for a referral and when the plastic surgeon presents it to the insurance, I'll know if it's denied or nor. I do have awesome insurance , so eventhough I would be surprised, it would be possible..... Honestly , I am more excited about the mile I just ran without stopping and the following 3 miles I did on the elyptical, so proud of what my body has adjusted too !!!

Debbie_04
on 9/1/15 1:39 pm
VSG on 12/29/14

Congratulations to you for your great results and your determination.  Whether your insurance pays or not, you have a great attitude. 

Age 66... VSG 12/29/14... H.W. 360...  S.W. 323...  C.W. 253

Most Active
Recent Topics