Pain?

Neesie57
on 8/29/15 10:27 am
VSG on 08/04/15

I'm three weeks post op, so my surgery was very recent.  I had absolutely no nausea after surgery, but I have never had nausea after any of my previous surgeries.  My pain level the first day was mainly from the gas pain.  My chest felt like I was having a heart attack, but my daughter told me to lie on my side, and the pain eased to almost nothing.  Don't lie on your back if the pain is bad.  My stomach pain was almost nonexistent, except for one incision.  The binder my doctor had me wear helped with the incision pain, because it put pressure on my abdomen.  The tighter the better. If it were up to me, I would have gone home that first day, because I had great support from my husband and daughter.  Hospitals are noisy, busy and so much less restful than being at home in my own cozy bed, and my own recliner.

You will be great.  Follow all the doctor's orders.  Drink all your liquids.  Take your pain meds on time, before the pain gets bad, and you will be fine.  

Now that I'm three weeks out I'm so happy that I did this.  If I could have had the surgery years ago, I would have.  My husband and I are so excited to see what the future brings.

jvross4
on 8/29/15 10:33 am

Thank you so much!! My biggest fears have been going home to soon, and of course being put to sleep.they gave me a prescription for the cream, I think that's for nausea,patches for pain then pills for later

Ahmadk
on 8/29/15 12:39 pm

I dont think i could go to home the sane day. The pain in the first 2 days need to be controles by a strong drugs like morphin. I think you have to think about this doctor again.

jvross4
on 8/29/15 8:22 pm

My Dr is a well known surgeon and I have for sure researched him also that's just the way their clinic does it. I have a friend that also was sent home that evening did fine. I'm just being nervous 

msfitzy
on 8/31/15 8:47 am
with

I'm 2 weeks post op today and I went home the same day.  My only complication was that I couldn't fully wake up after surgery.  The morphine knocked me out and HARD.  But once that wore off, I was ok.  I took my Tylenol with codeine as needed and the only major pain I had was on my left side.  My left side actually still hurts but it's tolerable and I returned to work after 1 week.  I still will take my Tylenol at bedtime if I've had a rough day because I still have that pain on the left side, but otherwise, I'm doing good.  The first few nights I slept in a recliner because it just felt better.  Now I'm back in my bed though.

Age: 35 | Height: 5'9 | Surgery Date: 08/17/15 | Starting Weight: 307 | Surgery Weight: 279 | Goal Weight:150 | Current Weight: 212 | WL so far: 95 lbs

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active
Recent Topics