I feel like a failure

micrene
on 8/28/15 8:02 pm - Melbourne, FL

The loss will come!  My girlfriend who went with me and had surgery the same day lost much slower than me in the beginning.  The first month, I lost 20 pounds to her 8.  The second month, I only lost 7 to her 10. You are not a failure... but your body will react in only the way your body can, so be careful comparing yourself to others.  We are all very different but I promise you, you will lose.  Just trust the sleeve... a lesson I have also had to learn.  You cannot put the same number of calories in your body, so you will have no choice but to lose.... some of us lose slower than others, but you will lose!  Keep your head up!

ABair
on 9/2/15 11:02 am
VSG on 01/14/15

First off YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE!!  Your only 11 days out, the internal swelling isn't even close to being down.  Stick with the plan and the weight will come off.  I assure you and before you know it you'll be down 100 lbs.  Drink your protein shakes, and water, and follow Doctors orders and you will become healthier and happier in the coming days.

Lisa 

Jessica T.
on 9/4/15 4:12 pm, edited 9/4/15 4:12 pm

It made me so sad that you are this down on yourself! I experienced some huge emotional crisis that wasn't and that really caught me off guard. I do not know if this is what you may be experiencing, but surgery really is a major shock/impact to your body and it's trying to adjust. I gained weight from having an IV then 2 periods almost right after the other. Give yourself time to readjust, most of all as others have said, be kind to yourself. 

Most Active
Recent Topics