Getting full quickly

loosec1974
on 8/26/15 6:29 am - Chicago, IL

Can someone please help me understand. I'm almost twelve weeks out and it seems like I  can only eat one or two bites and Im full and dont want anymore. Is this normal?

Gwen M.
on 8/26/15 6:40 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Totally normal. You probably still have some swelling going on. 

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

White Dove
on 8/26/15 7:02 am - Warren, OH

Keep that up and you will lose a lot of weight.  Your body will burn stored fat for nourishment. 

This is normal and in time you will be able to eat much more.  You will look back on this time and wish you could be full on two bites of food again.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Dan1962
on 8/26/15 3:01 pm - Syracuse, NY
VSG on 09/23/14

Enjoy it while it lasts!

Simone13
on 8/26/15 6:15 pm

I feel your pain!  I'm almost 6 weeks post op and I can't eat one whole scrambled egg yet.  Only 3 or 4 bites and that's it.  I'm afraid I will lose too much weight at this rate. But I'm confident it will get better. So I'm enjoying these few bites of food and this exciting weight loss journey!!

Hislady
on 8/26/15 6:43 pm - Vancouver, WA

Count yourselves lucky and eat as little as you can, while you can it will get where you can eat more sooner than you will want it to. However remember to eat as little as you can and still feel full a few hours later. We used to try to eat as much as we could, now we need to try to eat as little as we can. You won't lose too fast, unless you are dropping 20 lbs as week then you might be over doing it but lose while it is easy because before long you will be noticing old Mr. Hungry knocking again. lol

psychoticparrot
on 8/26/15 2:43 pm, edited 8/26/15 2:43 pm

That's what is supposed to happen. The surgery is designed to get the weight off relatively quickly. Your appetite will eventually come back, and your sleeve will be able to accommodate a little more food. By that time, you should be getting close to your goal weight.

It doesn't seem normal to you yet to eat such small meals. I often looked longingly at my plate where my uneaten -- but still delicious! -- food beckoned, but I just couldn't eat any more. At 7 months post-op, I'm so accustomed to my tiny meals that I'm often amazed at the amount of food unsleeved people can eat! It's all a matter of you and your sleeve getting acquainted. It takes a while.

psychoticparrot

Most Active
Recent Topics