Someone please tell me I did the right thing!

MommaGbear
on 8/28/15 7:59 am
VSG on 04/29/15 with

You did the right thing. Just hang in there through the recovery phase. I'm 4 months out, and my only regret is that I didn't do this YEARS ago!!

psychoticparrot
on 8/28/15 10:54 am

Major surgery doesn't tickle. Give yourself some time before deciding that you made the wrong decision, because you did not. If you took pre-op classes, you may remember the subject of "buyer's remorse." That's where you are right now, having a case of buyer's remorse. I had it, many others here had it. It will pass -- YOU DID THE RIGHT THING!!!!! 

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

SassyAmy
on 8/28/15 1:31 pm
VSG on 08/05/15

As a friend who had RNY said, "The first month is ass". Now, I'm 23 days out and feel pretty good, considering I had major surgery. I really, really wish I could eat a nice piece of steak, but as long as I stay hydrated, my energy level is up and as long as I don't try to chug water, the nausea is gone.

The next week will go faster than you know it, and you'll suddenly feel AMAZING. You can do this!!

~*All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney*~

Sleeved on August 5th, 2015 |  HW: 292 | SW: 275 | GW: 135

Frannie66
on 9/6/15 6:13 pm

I had my VSG last Tuesday, 9/1/15 and I am going through a major depression. I don't know what I did to myself. I try to remind myself that I walked out of the hospital cured from diabetes and high blood pressure and I've lost 14 lbs in the last 5 days and that is HUGE but right now I just want to feel better. I'm 49 and I think my hormones may be a factor plus I am far short of my fluid intake. I guess what I'm trying to say is you aren't alone and I THINK this is a natural phase at least some people go through. Hang in there

Also,  my surgeons told us we must NEVER take any NSAID (Ibuprofen, Alleve, etc) again because it's so bad for our stomachs after surgery. 

Most Active
Recent Topics