Hypervigilance

JoeyJo
on 8/26/15 10:01 am - NJ

I need to be hypervigilant to get to and stay at goal. 

My morning meeting ran long and when we came out, lunch was set up for the next meeting, which was CANCELED!  Help yourselves.  I did by walking away from the cannolis, cookies, brownies, and sandwiches.  I thought about taking a sandwich and eating the innards, but I knew I had a delicious sweet orange pepper to be filled with a ranch tuna creations packet upstairs with my name on it.  My lunch was never so delicious.  Off for my walk.  applause

Hypervigilance is an enhanced state of sensory sensitivity accompanied by an exaggerated intensity of behaviors whose purpose is to detect threats.

Pamela M.
on 8/26/15 10:08 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 08/25/14

Kudos!!!  A lifetime of making that kind of choice equals success!  Just think how much better you feel by making the right choice - your body thanks you. 

The price of anything is the amount of life you exchange for it.   Henry David Thoreau

suzyq584
on 8/26/15 12:18 pm

I hope I can be that strong when the time comes!  Congratulations!! 

mmb2003
on 8/26/15 12:49 pm

Good for you! 

--Meg

VSG 8/11/15 HW: 272.5 PreOp: -17.5 M1: -20.8 M2: -15.0 TWL: -55.1 CW: 217.4

1st Goal: 225 9/27/15 2nd Goal: 200 3rd Goal: 170

Hislady
on 8/26/15 6:25 pm - Vancouver, WA

Way to go!! That's what so many people fail to realize about WLS is that it is a life long change not just till one loses the weight and then goes back to preop eating. We will have to eat differently forever if we want to keep the weight off. Good for you!

psychoticparrot
on 8/26/15 9:30 pm

That's impressive! One of the reasons I told my family and friends about my surgery is that I knew they would watch to see what I would do in a toxic food environment. I'm in my 60s, but peer pressure still works. It's when I'm alone that the mischief starts. That's why I never keep junk food in my house (which happens to be a boat, but that's beside the point). If it's there, I can almost hear it calling to me.

Cannoli -- Mmmmm. Used to be a favorite. We're divorced now. 

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Most Active
Recent Topics