Whatcha eating today VSGers? -- Tuesday

SassyAmy
on 8/25/15 8:19 am
VSG on 08/05/15

I've seen that post before :) I actually had a few messages with Frisco this morning, and he mentioned that "further out" I'll be able to drink before eating, but I don't know that I can do that right now, since I"m still so new to all this.

~*All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney*~

Sleeved on August 5th, 2015 |  HW: 292 | SW: 275 | GW: 135

Gwen M.
on 8/25/15 8:31 am
VSG on 03/13/14

You definitely can do that now, although I understand that you don't want to trust a random internet person over your nutritionist :)  My nutritionist gave me the same advice but, knowing how the pyloric valve works, I called her on it and she admitted that it didn't matter for the VSG.  Sort of frustrating. 

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

SassyAmy
on 8/25/15 8:39 am
VSG on 08/05/15

It really is very frustrating, especially because there's all sorts of conflicting information out there. I will be seeing my doctor in a week for support group and my nutritionist on the 8th, so I'll definitely bring it up with them and get some facts straight. Thank you so much for all of your advice; I really, really appreciate it!

~*All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney*~

Oneillch
on 8/25/15 12:37 pm
VSG on 02/04/15

SassyAmy - Unfortunately there are no stanardized practices for any of the wls and that's why it can be so confusing. However, I think it's best to follow the advise of your medical team and if you have a question, don't hesitate to ask. Just an fyi, Kaiser Permanente's Bariatric Group in Atlanta just revised their patient instructions allowing them to drink right up to the time they are eating but to still refrain from drinking with or 30 minutes after meals. 

SassyAmy
on 8/25/15 2:02 pm
VSG on 08/05/15

Yeah, I'll definitely call them and ask. I'm sure if I were to drink right up to eating, I'd be fine, but I don't want to take the risk that my doctor wouldn't want me to for some reason--also, I think it would freak my husband out if I started doing something that I've been telling him isn't something I'm supposed to do without talking to my doctor first :)

Thank you for the information about KP though, I really appreciate knowing it's documented somewhere!

wyo_sarah
on 8/25/15 2:24 pm

Just an FYI on my experience... My doc said no drinking 5 minutes before or 5 minutes after eating.  I can't do that.  I can drink up until I eat but I usually wait an hour after I eat before I drink.  I'm 13 months post op.  I hope you get some answers because getting tha****er in is very important!

StephK10
on 8/25/15 10:25 am

I find myself munching.  And I don't like it.  I'm trying to stay away from the office snack food.  GRRRR.

B: Click protein shake - mixed it with Siggi vanilla kefir this morning.  I like the kefir.  I like the Click. I'm not sure I like them together.

L: Crack slaw

S: indian lentil snacks (they have protein, but I DON'T NEED THEM)

D: leftover roast chicken & a veg

liquid & vites: on target

exercise: ran 3 miles, plus 3 15-minute dog walks

Height: 5'7" HighW: 266 SSW: 253 Surgery date: 11/17/14 CW 165.4

(FIRST GOAL OF 170 REACHED 6/30/15)  NEW GOAL: 159 (BMI of "normal")

M1: 24 M2: 15 M3: 11  M4: 10  M5: 8  M6: 8 M7: 5 M8: 3 M9: 3

wyo_sarah
on 8/25/15 2:22 pm

I started back to school today!  I'm worried about wanting to snack on the hour drive to or from school, but for today, I didn't.  I'm hoping that being back in a routine will help me do a better job staying on plan.  So far so good today!

B: shake

L: left over pork loin, one baby potato, 3 Ritz crackers and 2 slices of cheese

D: Taco Tuesday!  Taco fixings minus the tortilla but I'll probably have some tortilla chips with the salsa I made from my garden.

Water and Vitamins: on track, except I'm out of iron and need to get some more.

Exercise: not sure today, probably won't have time this evening.  A few more days of getting up at 5 and I think I'll be able to pu**** to 4:30 and have time to exercise in the morning.

On a side note...one of my biggest weaknesses is popcorn.  I love it.  My son is a Cub Scout and he is selling popcorn right now.  It took all my will power not to buy a bag of the deluxe caramel popcorn...it has nuts mixed in and I'm sure it is yummy!  He is out selling popcorn with Gramps right now and I hope he sells it all!

Neesie57
on 8/25/15 4:43 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

Started my second week of mushy foods today, and it's going pretty well.

B: ¼ cup low fat cottage cheese

S: Chocolate Premier Protein

L: ¼ cup refried beans, 1T shredded cheese, 1T sour cream

S: string cheese

D: 2 oz. Buddig chicken with one slice avocado

Vites: on track

E: walking

W: way on track!

psychoticparrot
on 8/25/15 2:18 pm, edited 8/25/15 2:19 pm

Bronchitis and asthma definitely loosening up and on their way out.

B: Banana

L: Smoked salmon, scrambled egg

D: Kale-garlic-tofu soup; heavy on the tofu

S: Wedge cantaloupe

W&V: Done

E: Made my meals and washed the dishes. This is a huge improvement over last week, when I wasn't just sedentary -- I was inert.

psychoticparrot

"Live for what today has to offer, not for what yesterday has taken away."

Most Active
Recent Topics